Space Welcome to DealerRefresh, Space Automotive!

Space Automotive
I'm sorry and I don't mean to "thread crap" but are you really charging 1,500$ a month for a WordPress site?
WordPress powers 43% of all websites worldwide. And these aren't standard WordPress installs.

There are several other automotive website vendors based on WordPress that charge $1,500+ (Dealer Inspire, Dealer Venom, Fox Dealer, etc.)

Should they provide dealership websites at a discounted rate simply because they utilize the WordPress CMS?

Personally, I'd take WordPress any day over the proprietary and clunky CMS options that Sincro, Dealer.com, etc use.

WordPress powers 43% of all websites worldwide. And these aren't standard WordPress installs.

There are several other automotive website vendors based on WordPress that charge $1,500+ (Dealer Inspire, Dealer Venom, Fox Dealer, etc.)

Should they provide dealership websites at a discounted rate simply because they utilize the WordPress CMS?

Personally, I'd take WordPress any day over the proprietary and clunky CMS options that Sincro, Dealer.com, etc use.

I'm not trying to be mean, but everything this vendor does in WordPress can be done for roughly 500$ total cost for different themes and plugins that's what we do on our group website. It is full WordPress using a 59$ theme, and about 450$ worth of different plugins. And going through their two reviews websites on their page I can say we do about the same thing. Of course with the Yearly/Monthly cost of hosting and domain registration.

I'm not saying WordPress CMS is bad, I believe WordPress based systems are actually some of the best, but 1,500$ a month is wild. When you can do it yourself, in house with different themes and plugins.

Once again not saying don't use this service, they are probably fine but personally for me I would never imagine spending $1,500 a month for a WordPress site.

Hey there @KodyVoyles! Yes, and we're proud of it, WordPress is a great CMS for handling user generated content and front end marketing pages. Its flexibility allows us to quickly act on client requests that more rigid platforms like Sincro, Dealer.com, etc can't match. Everything on the front end that is custom functionality is completely home brewed. Our inventory feeds, customer data, and other more complex back-end functions are all handled AWS side, and other parts of our product suite (like our portal and conversion tools) are built with things like react. Best dev practices are to be platform agnostic and use the right tools for every job... sometimes those jobs require flexibility, solid SEO indexing, and layman usability... sometimes those jobs require WordPress.

• Useful
Reactions: Kyle Gage
Hey there @KodyVoyles! Yes, and we're proud of it, WordPress is a great CMS for handling user generated content and front end marketing pages. Its flexibility allows us to quickly act on client requests that more rigid platforms like Sincro, Dealer.com, etc can't match. Everything on the front end that is custom functionality is completely home brewed. Our inventory feeds, customer data, and other more complex back-end functions are all handled AWS side, and other parts of our product suite (like our portal and conversion tools) are built with things like react. Best dev practices are to be platform agnostic and use the right tools for every job... sometimes those jobs require flexibility, solid SEO indexing, and layman usability... sometimes those jobs require WordPress.
I think you are missing the point here I am trying to get along.

I'm saying with a little bit of research a client can do this for themselves with a cost of only like 300-1000$ up front depending on features they'd want.

Then like 50-100$ a month for hosting.

That is all I'm saying.

I think you are missing the point here I am trying to get along.

I'm saying with a little bit of research a client can do this for themselves with a cost of only like 300-1000$ up front depending on features they'd want.

Then like 50-100$ a month for hosting.

That is all I'm saying.

I guess it's like the plumber metaphor... Yeah, you can fix your own pipes for cheaper, but you pay for years of experience, tools, and knowledge if you want things done correctly. We like to think our tremendous customer service, problem solving, and creativity are worth something for those dollars too. :)