• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Went to a Cadillac dealership and picked up this clunker

mwpistell

3rd Base Coach
Jul 20, 2011
First Name
Michael
2016 Cadillac ATS-V, in vector blue:
uS469vA.jpg

I had a 2002 Ford Focus ZX5 that I've been driving around for the last 11 years. This year I decided I might as well get a new car that's somewhat modern and doesn't have 100k+ miles on it.

Very impressed that Cadillac offered this in a manual, the alcantera shift knob and steering wheel feel great:
ql7kcJ6.jpg

Some thoughts
  • It's an odd feeling going from a car whose most advanced feature is a 6 CD changer to one that has a Heads Up Display.
  • Hill starts make me uncomfortable, thankfully I have Hill Assist.
  • Active Rev Matching makes me look like a better driver.
  • The CUE system is fine, not sure where all the hate comes from. Then again, I never experienced anything else.

My dad owned a car customization business in the 90's and had a highly customized 1989 Ford Thunderbird. He was ~30 when he got that car, and I just turned 30 this year. It's kinda neat how we both had a manual, RWD, coupe in metallic blue at the same age:
iemzvrE.jpg

Profile looks great too:
eJHCcLL.jpg

Michael, congratulations on the jump up. That's one hell of an upgrade and a beautiful Caddy. Though I'm not sure about that "Hill Assist" feature. Takes some of the fun out of driving a manual. :huh?:

How much research did you do before pulling the trigger?

Though I'm not sure about that "Hill Assist" feature. Takes some of the fun out of driving a manual. :huh?:

You might be surprised how many cars have that built in now.
Almost the entire Subaru line up has had it for years and years, but you don't know it until it fails and the light comes on.
I pulled that fuse right away :)