• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What is the best VPN out there?

N

Ninina

Hello. I've learned about ISP's tracking user data and selling it to marketers. I don't want to be easy money for them so I've decided to get a VPN, extra security never hurts too I guess. So far I am choosing between NordVPN and StrongVPN. Any thoughts?
Or you can refer to the VPN described in this article: https://pc4u.org/best-vpn-service/, please tell me which one is the best?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with PrivateInternetAccess - used a coupon and got a great rate.
They're all effectively doing the same thing, I just really like the iOS/Android/Mac/Windows coverage from PIA.

If you want the "best" VPN it depends on your use case.
The best for anonymity would be a VPN that lets you signup without a name, using a pre-paid credit card so that even your VPN company doesn't know who you are.
The best for speed will be the one that has servers nearest to your location.

I am willing to bet Ninina is the same person, as I used to use this tactic many many moons ago.
Proxy ->auto create forum account #1 -> make a post, drop a link
Change proxy -> create forum account #2 -> reply to my post, drop a different link

For some niches I literally had my bot talking to each other on the same post lol

I use NordVPN, but I considered jumping over to the new FirefoxVPN. Having a VPN doesn't do much for you because a fingerprinted browser will still leak your actions. If you want to make a huge step toward not being tracked, disable javascript or run the NoScript plugin in your browser. Take it up a notch by running TorBrowser... of course, most of your favorite website will break, but that is the price for reducing the amount of data you leak. Also, never use the same email address twice. ;-)

Choosing the right VPN is crucial for online privacy. NordVPN is a popular choice, but exploring other options like FirefoxVPN is always a good idea. However, it's essential to remember that even with a VPN, your browser can still leak information. You made a great point about disabling JavaScript or using the NoScript plugin for added security.

If you're looking to take your online privacy a step further, consider using TorBrowser, although it may affect the functionality of some websites. Another helpful tip is to use different email addresses for various online activities to reduce tracking.

As for VPNs, you might want to check out proxys.io. It's worth exploring different options to find the one that best suits your needs and keeps your online activities more secure.