• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

what is the best wordpress plugin?

I assume he wants an all-in-one Inventory solution for Wordpress.
There are many options, but I personally recommend using a generic Inventory-based plugin or paying a few extra dollars to have someone write you a custom content type solution.

Setup your own plugin for CSV imports and map it to the custom content solution and then you have exactly what you want, rather than having to work within the constraints of an existing plugin that is being used elsewhere.

That said, I put plenty of value on unique solutions. Many people here disagree on that front.

what is the best wordpress plugin and or templates for a big car dealership? please give some advice

Yes, very broad question. We could ask you to be more specific OR we could PLACE A SLIGHT TWIST ON THE THREAD and ask everybody to include your favorite or list of favorite WordPress plug-ins.

One of my favorite / must have WordPress plug-in is of course ALL – IN – ONE SEO.

I'm a huge fan of:

1. Contact Form 7 - easy lead forms + you can add plugins for databases, etc. Support captcha and file attachments.
2. All In One SEO - Title says it all and it works.
3. Google Analytics for Wordpress - Works great and does exactly what you would expect.
4. Next Gen Photo Gallery - Great photo galleries with lightboxes and other plugins. I've rigged up a custom plugin that uses this plugin for inventory photos attached to a single product - very reliable and always updated.

Contact Form 7 - easy to use, very powerful
Akismet - protect you from those spammy commenters!
Jetpack - but only certain for elements like site stats (not their contact form, or carousel, or Infinite scroll)
Duplicate Post - amazing that it's not included with WP, but for consistent layouts can be very helpful
Google Analytics Dashboard for WP - shows GA right in the dashboard
Social Media Widget - footer links to all of your SM properties
Social Share Boost - add social share tools to every post and/or page
Wordpress SEO by Yoast - helps you optimize for keywords and visibility

The best Automotive Wordpress Platform for Automotive is ours, bar none. DealerX.Com We have built post types for everything automotive in widget form. We won a multi-million $$ RFP/contract with VW for use of our platform for the WorldAutoCertified site, we have over 800 Dealers on the platform. And..the analytics stack is unmatched. Full attribution. DealerX analytics can give your dealership up to a 85% sales match across ALL digital vendors and campaigns, even If No Leads Are Submitted or Phone calls made. We would be happy to give anyone a demo who would like to see what it offers.