• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What online Reputation Management Tools are you using for your dealer?

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
rep-header.gif

Alex just wrote a post over on the blog "Reputation Management Tools for Car Dealers".

"If word of mouth is the most trusted form of advertising, what has the Internet done to extend its power? Why is the traditional business approach to fear it?"

There is an article on the blog Have you been “Flogged” ??and I had put together a short video a few years back on how to quickly set up your Google RSS reader as a reputation management tool.

The video is a little old as it's from 2007 but the basics still apply.

How are you tracking your dealers online reputation?

Are you even aware on how to do it and if so what tool are you using to achieve it?

What sites are you tracking OR what are you planning on tracking once you have your game plan for doing so?

Last edited by a moderator:
We use Dealerrater as well. Just signed as a Certified Dealer. Certainly something to consider, my sales guys love it, they are able to use that information to post on their own personal FB pages...several referrals already to date from using this tool and for the $ its worth it.

Google Alerts is a good one to monitor by keyword anything that is written on a blog, press release, news article, etc.

Ever better is, search.twitter.com. This can be used for a real-time pulse check of your keywords. Soon...search on Facebook will be handy as well.

I've written my own little program in Java that automatically goes out and pulls the ratings from the top 8 or 10 rating sites for each dealership in our group, puts them in a nice little HTML template, and emails them to the GM, GSM, and Customer Relations Manager at each dealership.

I also use Google alerts to monitor any mentions of our dealership, and check Twitter from time to time.

Heather McKinnon at DealerRater is one of the best people I know in the industry. She works as hard as (ok, harder than) anyone. And most importantly, cares about her customers!

Ed Brooks –Sales Director
vAuto.com

402.427.0157 Phone
630.839.8788 FAX
2221 Camden Court, Suite 210
Oak Brook, IL 60523