• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What to use to help sell accessories?

ghen

Boss
Oct 14, 2009
First Name
call me Jason
I've been confronted with a few different solutions that are either not enough or costly as far as accessory sales go. They all have one common theme in that they would lie on the website but mainly be used during the selling process after the customer has visited F&I (because the ROI on warranties is much higher) but waiting for paperwork.

Do you currently have any sort of accessory tool to help during the sales process or after the fact?

GM also just implemented their tool partnered with dealertrack. It's a stop-gap solution that I've been told is getting redesigned anyway, but at least it's something and cheap at $89 a month.

Ghen,

The easy fix, train your salespeople to make it part if the selling process. I would always do it after the deal was closed and the deposit was taken. This way you don't erode gross and you get more from your customer. So just like going for a demo ride or a service walk, the accessory step should be done no matter what.

Measure each employees performance and let them see where they rank. Most people in our business have egos and they don't like being last. Of course salespeople are also coin operated, so perhaps you could tie something into your bonus or commission plan.

Sophisticated tools can help, but you don't need them to make this happen. Put a process in place, measure your results and hold people accountable.

Ghen,

The easy fix, train your salespeople to make it part if the selling process. I would always do it after the deal was closed and the deposit was taken. This way you don't erode gross and you get more from your customer. So just like going for a demo ride or a service walk, the accessory step should be done no matter what.

Measure each employees performance and let them see where they rank. Most people in our business have egos and they don't like being last. Of course salespeople are also coin operated, so perhaps you could tie something into your bonus or commission plan.

Sophisticated tools can help, but you don't need them to make this happen. Put a process in place, measure your results and hold people accountable.

Agreed, you dont need to spend money on unnecessary accessory tools...just put it in place as the sales process. We have nothing special... just a place to show the accessories in the show room, and a process to sell them.

We have created this simple site Crown Motors OEM Auto Parts

It is promoted at the time of sale with a touch screen 21" LCD.

A bit more successful than the printed excel sheets.

Not bad - nice and simple. I would love to get my dealers into the accessories business but I don't need another project on my plate at the moment.

I used Trademotion before. It had it's pros and cons. Here is an example getBMWparts.com

The homepage was in house to help with navigation and SEO but the rest is Trademotion.