• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What would you like to see for an online appraisal tool/lead generator for your store?

Oct 10, 2012
First Name
Jamie
We have a very comprehensive appraisal system designed for use once a customer is in the store. I am now getting ready to develop an appraisal page plugin that dealers can frame into their website to generate more leads, and of course I have to scale back what we can realistically expect a prospect to willingly and truthfully tell you about their current vehicle. My intent is to plug the leads into the existing system to greatly reduce the amount of time required to do the "full appraisal" once the client is into the store. My question to you is: What would you like to see a customer required to input for a valuation?

I would think:
  • Name
  • Email
  • Vin (including trim and transmission)
  • Mileage
  • Some free form text history (accidents and maintenance mostly)
  • smoker/non smoker
  • # Keys
  • History (first owner, prior use (rental, etc)
  • key installed options (above whats in the trim, we do full option decode from Trim)

I would love to hear from some of the KBB and TIM users with feedback about what they feel is the good, the bad and the ugly!

Looking forward to some replies!