Dealer Teamwork What's Your Most Successful Facebook Ad Format?

Discussion in 'Dealer Teamwork' started by Joe Friedrichsen, Jul 10, 2019.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. Joe Friedrichsen

Joe Friedrichsen
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Joe
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Dealer Teamwork
    Twitter Handle:
    @friedrichsenjoe
    Hi everyone! If it isn't obvious from my Dealer Refresh title, this is my first post in the forums. I'm thrilled to join you all and be a part of this community!

Now, I wanted to ask this question here because I’d like to get feedback from those of you handling facebook advertising for your dealership. But, anyone is free to chime in. The more the merrier.

That said, what Facebook ad format do YOU see the most success with? Are you using Domain Ads, Multi-Product Ads (Carousel Ads), Offer Ads, Video Ads, Lead Ads, Canvas/Instant Experiences and/or Sponsored Mentions?

Let me know!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    • Like Like x 1
  2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. Mark Daniels

Mark Daniels
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Marc

Hi Joe and welcome to DR! I hope you find what you're looking for!

The question you just asked is very common, but also very hard to answer unless we know a little more.

What's your goal for this campaign?

Campaign performance will vary by format/text/targeting and will make it impossible to choose the silver bullet format.

There are a million things you can do.

What do you have in mind?

If it helps, here's an easy framework you can follow, we called it our Facebook Ads Basic Local Branding guide.

You can download it free here.

[​IMG]

4. John.H

John.H
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    John
    You're in luck!

We wrote a massive tutorial featured exclusively on DealerRefresh, which goes above and beyond details on running successful Facebook Ad Campaigns for your dealership:

https://forum.dealerrefresh.com/thr...or-your-dealership-more-importantly-how.6322/

Beyond that, I recommend staying far away from internal lead forms. What we find works best is leading people through shorts forms, and domains we possess, which ensures most of the leads we're getting are as accurate as possible.

The problem with Facebook's own internal lead capturing method is - most information is auto-populated with info associated to your Facebook Profile. Sometimes this information is outdated, or even worse falsified. So a lot of the leads you'll be getting will be duds.

5. Joe Friedrichsen

Joe Friedrichsen
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Joe
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Dealer Teamwork
    Twitter Handle:
    @friedrichsenjoe
    Totally agree with your advice on staying away from internal lead forms. I haven't had a single good, viable lead come from those. I'm assuming most others have had similar experiences?

6. Mark Daniels

Mark Daniels
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Marc
    They're a bit more challenging on the sale conversion side, and that what we want right?

Since the optin is almost too easy & information sometimes bogus, it's harder on the sales/BDC team to deliver proper performance.

It's a great way to grow your PMA driver database, but they should be treated seperatly when analyzing results.

I suggest that if you ever use the internal form, use automation to weed things out.

7. Joe Friedrichsen

Joe Friedrichsen
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Joe
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Dealer Teamwork
    Twitter Handle:
    @friedrichsenjoe
    To clarify, I wasn't neccessarily talking about any particular type of campaign. I wanted to leave it open-ended to get a variety of answers. If it helps, one of my main reasons for asking this question was to see if digital marketers from different dealerships are seeing varying results when they use the same ad format, or if ad format results are generally more uniform regardless of the dealership. Perhaps that narrows it down a bit. Any feedback Mark?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mark Daniels

Mark Daniels
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Marc
    Since it's a mix of a few things, you could see some different results.

BUT, some formats tend to outperform others such as Video for obvious reasons... it moves so its easier to catch the attention while users scroll.

I have seen carousel ads, usually showing used car inventory, with proper retargeting work well...

Example:

You're doing an ad campaign to promote would be better off with a lead ad with a strong CTA vs. a Story with no conversion mechanics.

Now, what's your goal here? Generating views or leads? Because if thru views, I'm sure the Story ad will outperform the Lead ad. On the other hand, if you're trying to generate leads you can call, the single image Lead ad format should win the battle.

To make sure you can help your clients, you should sit down with your dealer partner and really understand what they need right now, than move on down the chain of options.

I wish I could give you a clear answer, but since your campaign KPIs may vary, I can't. Feel free to reach out if you need more help.

• Useful Useful x 2