• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Where do I start?

Zack H.

Green Pea
Jun 4, 2018
First Name
Zack
I recently convinced the owner of my company to start a B2B sales program. I will be selling used tires (with a B2B discount) directly to companies across the lower 48 - hopefully utilizing our website to stream line sales and shipping directly to my customers.

Where I need the help: I will only get commission from "new accounts" - so I need to contact fresh B2B customers to make any money. What is the best way for me to "cold" contact people in our industry so that I actually get the correct person's attention and also have the best chance to acquire new customers? Email? direct phone calls? Should I only try on certain days of the week, or time of day? I'm hoping to reach anyone that might potentially order used tires on a semi-regular basis. Used car dealers, Large Mechanic's shops, fleet owners, delivery companies, etc... Can anyone suggest the best way to utilize my time seeing as this is a straight commission position?

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Last edited:
It sounds like you need an advertising campaign and a strong offer to get it rolling faster. If you don't have either then you've got a bit of work ahead of you. I'd suggest taking advantage of Facebook first and maybe even LinkedIn to hone-in on your target audience. Both have advertising capabilities that are pretty good for B2B marketing and aren't bank breakers...yet. Plus, Facebook is the pastime of American workers over 35 years old, during the 9 to 5 hours; precisely the kind of people who are making wholesale purchase decisions.

Reactions: Zack H.
It sounds like you need an advertising campaign and a strong offer to get it rolling faster. If you don't have either then you've got a bit of work ahead of you. I'd suggest taking advantage of Facebook first and maybe even LinkedIn to hone-in on your target audience. Both have advertising capabilities that are pretty good for B2B marketing and aren't bank breakers...yet. Plus, Facebook is the pastime of American workers over 35 years old, during the 9 to 5 hours; precisely the kind of people who are making wholesale purchase decisions.
Thanks for the reply. I am giving 10% off consumer pricing, including free shipping, on all tires listed on our website. Does that sound like an attractive enough offer? Also, I am not very versed in the use of facebook. Currently our company has a facebook that is geared to the general public. Should i piggyback off our current facebook page or create a new B2B version. Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions.

Hey Zach - I'm gonna differ from Alex and recommend you not create a new Facebook page, rather you should begin a targeted Facebook advertising campaign directed at the precise individuals you want to reach. With attractive creative and a decent offer dropped directly in the news feed of individuals who meet your "ideal prospect" demographic you should begin to move the needle. The minimum investment for a Facebook ad is apprx $5/day but you can spend more to achieve a greater reach.

:thumbup: someone who works on Facebook all day. Listen to her.

Thanks Alex.. there is certainly nothing wrong with creating a new Facebook page, it just requires a time and energy commitment. Facebook Ads, however, can start running today! I'd go to your boss and request a small advertising budget for your new endeavor. If she/he declines it might still be worth your while to pay out of pocket to get your message out to the right people.

@Zack H., I think FB would help with branding and letting ppl know that you have a B2B department for Used Tire Sales. You could also check out Amazon as well. They have a B2B section there.
https://services.amazon.com/amazon-business.html

I don't know how many shop owners go their to find Used Tire Suppliers. You never know though! You can get creative like these folks at a direct mail company did with me. Yes... They mailed me a freaking mailbox!! :rofl:. It has a bunch of samples of dealership campaigns in it. It definitely caught my attention. We don't do direct mail campaign events but, if or when we do decide to do one, these folks are gonna be at the top of my list!!! How hard would it be for you to box up a tire (even a cheap tire) and send it out? I don't know. You may want to look into it though. Just an idea.
upload_2018-6-6_13-34-29.png

You could make a Promo video and publish it on FB and other channels that may help to.

upload_2018-6-6_14-34-41.png

https://slide.ly/promo/share/5b183216374e2714797b23c6

Thanks Alex.. there is certainly nothing wrong with creating a new Facebook page, it just requires a time and energy commitment. Facebook Ads, however, can start running today! I'd go to your boss and request a small advertising budget for your new endeavor. If she/he declines it might still be worth your while to pay out of pocket to get your message out to the right people.
Thanks Christine - I am definitely going to look into getting a small campaign started through FB - I am very interested to see what type of returns I will get. Ty for the great Suggestions

@Zack H., I think FB would help with branding and letting ppl know that you have a B2B department for Used Tire Sales. You could also check out Amazon as well. They have a B2B section there.
https://services.amazon.com/amazon-business.html

I don't know how many shop owners go their to find Used Tire Suppliers. You never know though! You can get creative like these folks at a direct mail company did with me. Yes... They mailed me a freaking mailbox!! :rofl:. It has a bunch of samples of dealership campaigns in it. It definitely caught my attention. We don't do direct mail campaign events but, if or when we do decide to do one, these folks are gonna be at the top of my list!!! How hard would it be for you to box up a tire (even a cheap tire) and send it out? I don't know. You may want to look into it though. Just an idea.
View attachment 3627

You could make a Promo video and publish it on FB and other channels that may help to.

View attachment 3630

https://slide.ly/promo/share/5b183216374e2714797b23c6

Interestingly enough Amazon just stopped us from being able to sell our used tires through their marketplace. Big bummer. I'm hoping that by getting this B2B program up and running will help offset the loss we are incurring from Amazon shutting us out.

That quick promo video is a great idea and really appreciate you giving an example!