• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Which Conference

Jul 25, 2011
First Name
Wesley
Afternoon Everyone,

I am fairly new to this game and would like to know which conference everyone suggests.

Im thinking about going to either Digital Dealer or to the DrivingSales event in Las Vegas this October.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wes

:iagree: I am going to try to get to both this year. Driving Sales gets better every year. The other one that is happening during the same time period is JD Power. That is a good one too, but is geared more toward OEM's than a dealer audience.

My $0.02; I went to Orland for Automotive Marketing Boot Camp, at the advice from Alex being a more in-depth conference and I learned a lot. But if you are new to this, go to Digital Dealer first, especially if you’re looking for vendor info, it’s a good crash course in everything that is going on. You can make a lot of good connections to follow-up on. Then start looking at more concentrated conferences in the spring. There is enough info at Digital Dealer to keep you busy and scratching your head for a while if this is all new to you.

Driving Sales is my next stop, but not this fall, have a conflict, so hopefully in the spring. Also, look into the Bootcamps, I learned and gained a ton at that. Or maybe start with one of the PCG Pitstops or Internet Battle Plans.

If you decide on Digital Dealer, research what you want to learn, and go focused on that!

Last edited:
I don't know if it was the seminars I attended or if I'm just not open minded enough but I attended my first Digital Dealer and I was less then impressed. I'm not a veteran of digital conferences but I've been to a few and this one was at the bottom of the list. It could be my experience but until I see a lineup that knocks my socks off and less 101 courses I'm going to save my dealers money.

I'm jacked to go to the Driving Sales Executive summit - I've been a "Vayniak" for a couple years and am looking forward to seeing Gary Vaynerchuck speak! I enjoy his flavor of kool-aid compared to the "SM is BS" that car-biz speakers have the taste for.

Driving Sales Executive Summit is only during the fall in Vegas. 2012 for you.

I thought about that later Alex and realized I made that mistake, thanks! ;)

I don't know if it was the seminars I attended or if I'm just not open minded enough but I attended my first Digital Dealer and I was less then impressed. I'm not a veteran of digital conferences but I've been to a few and this one was at the bottom of the list. It could be my experience but until I see a lineup that knocks my socks off and less 101 courses I'm going to save my dealers money.

Mitch, I have to agree with you. I only reccommended it to "wedwards" since he is new to this. DD10 was my first Digital Dealer and I think it was a good learning experience and while I got a ton of info, I was not as impressed with its format. DD doesnt allow for open discussion as much as I would want. And its is a shame that the round tables were limited to one morning and only a few hours.

I got much more out of the Boot Camp, and I am looking forward to going back, and to Driving Sales in fall of 2012!!

Both if you can. DrivingSales in my opinion is raising the bar while DD is always going to be a great show for different reasons discussed below. You can't go wrong with either or both.

Afternoon Everyone,

I am fairly new to this game and would like to know which conference everyone suggests.

Im thinking about going to either Digital Dealer or to the DrivingSales event in Las Vegas this October.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wes