• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Automotive Digital Retailing - Who offers a full solution for dealerships?

http://www.DriveItNow.com (The original since 2008)

What companies in our industry provide a COMPLETE Online Vehicle Purchase service for dealerships (website) that can handle the full transaction from beginning to end?

I would like to keep a running tally and inventory of all the companies in our industry that offer a COMPLETE solution for purchasing a vehicle online from an OEM dealership.

UPDATE - List of current companies providing a COMPLETE Online Vehicle Purchase service for dealerships so far:

Last edited:
As a dealer and lender we've had a complete online transaction (less e-contracting) platform since the mid 2000's that we used ourselves as an online direct-to-consumer lender. It includes sales tax, license/registration and F&I products.

We continue to expand our offerings to other dealers/lenders as the industry gains acceptance. Part of the problem is industry vendor cooperation. Few companies want to work together to and prefer to try and corner the market by providing the whole solution themselves. This NEVER results in the best product for the consumer/dealer.

We actually power some white labeled integrations for for companies like Dominion and GoMoto.

I'm very familiar with the companies you have listed and none of them offer full online transaction capabilities.

I guess it's time I update our white paper on the topic: http://driveitnow.com/driveitnow_whitepaper.pdf

Thanks for providing a great forum to discuss these topics.

Ahhh yes. @Tarry Shebesta I actually meant to add your service DriveItNow to the list here. Though I wasn't 100% sure of you had or were working toward full online transaction.

Part of the problem is industry vendor cooperation. Few companies want to work together to and prefer to try and corner the market by providing the whole solution themselves. This NEVER results in the best product for the consumer/dealer.

I've been thinking the same thing myself. Might be a major reason why many of the nicer digital retailing products are designed and developed by companies outside of the industry.

The industry was able to pull together to produce ADF/XML format about a decade ago to the benefit of everyone. I don't see why that work can't continue for digital retailing efforts as well.

I like the DriveItNow tool and have used it at other locations It was a great lead generator for us and it converted well, but isn't it really just a pre-qualification tool? It'll present the user with an offer if they qualify which can be powerful but it's sort of left at that.

I don't mean to be a Negative Nancy on this thread or the others similar to this topic. There are a lot of good tools out there for various aspects of the buying process but I've yet to come across one that isn't just a lead generator AND provides the user a good enough experience that they'll buy. I'd love to see something created that can accomplish a true online buying process for our customers. I hate to come off so negative, it's just that my hope is a vendor could use some of this feedback to create a solution.

Hi Bill!

Not every dealer uses all of the functionality DriveItNow offers. Most use it as a mere lead gen that lets the consumer do their own 4-square using their real credit and to also engage upper funnel and conquest sales with our patent-pending Shop-by-Payment service.

We have the functionality to instantly decision a shopper, provide them a real payment and send the deal structure electronically to a lender (not shotgunned). We receive the decision electronically back from the lender and documents are electronically created ready for signatures.

You will see this live on one of our pilot franchise dealers before the end of the year. Stay tuned .......

I like the DriveItNow tool and have used it at other locations It was a great lead generator for us and it converted well, but isn't it really just a pre-qualification tool? It'll present the user with an offer if they qualify which can be powerful but it's sort of left at that.

I don't mean to be a Negative Nancy on this thread or the others similar to this topic. There are a lot of good tools out there for various aspects of the buying process but I've yet to come across one that isn't just a lead generator AND provides the user a good enough experience that they'll buy. I'd love to see something created that can accomplish a true online buying process for our customers. I hate to come off so negative, it's just that my hope is a vendor could use some of this feedback to create a solution.

As a dealer and lender we've had a complete online transaction (less e-contracting) platform since the mid 2000's that we used ourselves as an online direct-to-consumer lender. It includes sales tax, license/registration and F&I products.

We continue to expand our offerings to other dealers/lenders as the industry gains acceptance. Part of the problem is industry vendor cooperation. Few companies want to work together to and prefer to try and corner the market by providing the whole solution themselves. This NEVER results in the best product for the consumer/dealer.

We actually power some white labeled integrations for for companies like Dominion and GoMoto.

I'm very familiar with the companies you have listed and none of them offer full online transaction capabilities.

I guess it's time I update our white paper on the topic: http://driveitnow.com/driveitnow_whitepaper.pdf

Thanks for providing a great forum to discuss these topics.
I watched the video for DriveItNow. It seems geared at driving people into the showroom, not at helping consumers (and dealers) move the transaction online.

With that said, I don't think many dealers WANT to move the transaction online. They like the status quo. BUT...
b3f71b46c6eb5721c39818d62b484b80.jpg

Hi Ed!

Our Shop-by-Payment focuses on upper funnel customers and conquest sales. The actual core DriveItNow product allows the customer to create their own four square based on their actual credit bureau. This provides an automated and completed deal structure to the dealer.

You are correct, not all dealers are ready for online deal creation. Parts of it, yes, all of it no, although we do have all the pieces for when they are ready.

-Tarry

I watched the video for DriveItNow. It seems geared at driving people into the showroom, not at helping consumers (and dealers) move the transaction online.

With that said, I don't think many dealers WANT to move the transaction online. They like the status quo. BUT...
b3f71b46c6eb5721c39818d62b484b80.jpg