• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Yahoo Autos not sending us our leads

AWW_Spencerport

Smashing Bugs
May 16, 2012
First Name
Ryan
First, i didn't even know we were on Yahoo Autos until 5 minutes ago. Whatever, no problem. But I tested it out and sent a fake lead. A prompt came up saying Thank You and your information will be sent to the dealer. It hasn't been sent to us.

This is one of our vehicles: Details of Used 2001 Dodge Ram Van, Spencerport, NY - Yahoo! Autos

I certainly hope theyre not simply collecting peoples data and not sending us leads....

Yahoo motors is managed by zag now. If you aren't signed up with them, you won't get leads from that source, but you vehicles will still be listed. I'm guessing that the lead is resold to a third party at that point as a "New Car Lead" and some poor dealership is going to pay 20 bucks to get hung up on by you. but i don't know for sure.

Five things will happen.

1. TrueCar will give that lead to multiple participating dealers.
2. Truecar will then sell that lead to a lead reseller.
3. Lead reseller will then sell that to any third party lead provider willing to pay for a lead.
4. Third party lead seller then sells to multiple dealerships.
5. Pissed off customers get fed up with dealers harassing them and become suspicious next time they are asked to provide information in an online form submission.

Reactions: 4 people
Yahoo motors is managed by zag now. If you aren't signed up with them, you won't get leads from that source, but you vehicles will still be listed. I'm guessing that the lead is resold to a third party at that point as a "New Car Lead" and some poor dealership is going to pay 20 bucks to get hung up on by you. but i don't know for sure.

Wow. That would be pretty bad.. What control do dealers have? Customers submit leads, they think the dealership blows them off when in reality they aren't even getting your lead..

By using the “Contact the Dealer” feature, you are providing this personal information to TrueCar and to the dealer of the vehicle you have chosen. Please read the TrueCar Privacy Policy to learn how your information will be used.

True Car... I bet they are being re-sold..

Five things will happen. 1. TrueCar will give that lead to multiple participating dealers. 2. Truecar will then sell that lead to a lead reseller. 3. Lead reseller will then sell that to any third party lead provider willing to pay for a lead. 4. Third party lead seller then sells to multiple dealerships. 5. Pissed off customers get fed up with dealers harassing them and become suspicious next time they are asked to provide information in an online form submission.
That's really sad and unfortunate.

First, i didn't even know we were on Yahoo Autos until 5 minutes ago. Whatever, no problem. But I tested it out and sent a fake lead. A prompt came up saying Thank You and your information will be sent to the dealer. It hasn't been sent to us.

This is one of our vehicles: Details of Used 2001 Dodge Ram Van, Spencerport, NY - Yahoo! Autos

I certainly hope theyre not simply collecting peoples data and not sending us leads....

Ryan..I went to one of my clients ads on Yahoo Autos. I called the number posted on the ad. The lead tracked into the CRM as a Cars.com lead. You may want to test your cars.com setup?