• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Yelp! The Yelp Revenue Estimate

Nov 4, 2012
First Name
Jessica
yelp_revenue_estimator.jpg

The Yelp Revenue Estimate - Real ROI bite, or all bark?

If you've got a handle on your reputation management then you are aware of the power of Yelp. Well, even if you don't it's likely on your to-do list.

Yelp can now provide information regarding the impact of your dealership's Yelp listing courtesy of the Yelp Revenue Estimate.

When a user views your profile (and they are) and takes action, such as calling, or checking in, Yelp then uses this to tell you how much business they are sending you.

So, what say you?

Yelp says they can quantify the dollars coming your way from your listing. How does your listing look these days?

I believe that "revenue" is gross sales. My oldest daughter runs an upscale clothing store. Their standard markup is 400%. Most dealerships run on a net profit of 3 to 4 percent.
Service departments at the dealership run at better percentages... I just got my regular call from YELP today and I let him know about the one good review I have and the 1 bad. Also, the 8 5 star reviews that have been filtered. Ddavis I think your in the phoenix area, the rep said there are 3,000 unique searches in the market for auto dealer reviews. 3000 users did not seem like a whole lot. Yelp does have the top spot when you search _"Dealership Name" reviews.

If those filtered Yelp reviews are so dangerous that they need to be hidden behind captchas, why not just delete them? If they are useful, why not make them available in the iphone or android app? Does the google bot fill out the captcha?
I wonder how yelp finds its way to the top of every dealer's SERP page with only 1 or 2 reviews visible...unless maybe...nah!

What do you think your customers do when they go read your bad reviews on Yelp? Maybe go to another dealership page on yelp? Do they get 2 page views on their advertisements because of your 1 or 2 bad reviews? You think that helps their CPM display advertising business?

Hey Bill, I live one exit from your toyota store on Hull St off 288 and my wife raves about your service dept.

-Michael Sos
Product Manager
Dominion Dealer Solutions

Reactions: 1 person