• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

You Tube

Eley Duke

Boss
Nov 30, 2009
Awards
First Name
Eley
Just curious what dealers are actually going into their video manager in You Tube and editing and optimizing your videos. We are doing this manually, pretty much just pasting in the description, changing the title, and adding tags. I am curious if anyone has a good strategy of what is working, if there is any advice on Geo-targets in the title, description, and if there is the possibility of "too-much" in the description.

Is there any info on best practices for optimizing your You Tube videos anyone wants to share?

Here is our latest video on a 2010 Cadillac CTS.

Let me know what you think. And please share what is working for you.

Thanks,

Eley

People go to Youtube to watch videos not read a paragraph of text.. I'd do a paragraph min. Condense it, drive the traffic to your website. Want to see sales price, read more details and see photos? http://www.dealersite.com or call 888-382-2393. Next make real videos, you're editing is good, but it would be better if you had a salesperson actually walking people through the car. Next optimize the video for your location, add your location in the description, keyword stuff it to a point, but don't overdue it. In the tags add the car make, etc and location. Next go find the brand video for your car (if one), or use a newer model and leave it as a video response to generate more traffic.. That's about really all there is to it. And most importantly, have a great title using the exact keyword and search phrase...

Is having videos of individual vehicles that important? Or are the video vendors just trying to create a market by over valuing the importance?

Take your car guy hat off and go shopping for a landscaper. I am drop dead serious. Imagine your back yard right now and pretend you're putting in a pool.

Be sure to come back and tell us who you'd NEVER give a call to and why. Then look at your list of favorable companies you'd call for an estimate and tell us why they made the cut.

Quick argument for
VSEO is hot
Video increases time on site

Quick argument against
I am not sure that time on site or video (either actual video or laced pics) actually drives leads over and above quality pics.
The money you are spending on video might be better spent in other areas.

Eley

Great job on the video! I believe that you have the video tagged properly for geo-targeting. I did a quick search and your video is on Google page 1, "above the fold" for all of the towns that you targeted. I searched "2010 CTS Suffolk" "2010 Cadillac CTS VA Beach" and 2010 Cadillac CTS Chesepeake" So it seems to me that you definitely have it tagged correctly. From what I have been taught, that should be the #1 goal of VSEO.

I like the detail in your description of the video. I have never tried using that much detailed information before. I'm eager to hear from other members of the forum on your question if it is too much info though.

Reactions: 1 person
I like the detail in your description of the video. I have never tried using that much detailed information before. I'm eager to hear from other members of the forum on your question if it is too much info though.

Thanks Bill, I am eager to hear from others as well if you need that much content. Pretty much from the Call us at XXX- is where what we paste in starts, the rest is done through DDC's video platform.

So like Bill, I am really eager to hear from those that do a great job with You Tube, or have knowledge about how You Tube Title, Descriptions, and tags should be best optimized.

here is another one we just did: 2012 GMC Acadia Denali in Suffolk, VA Norfolk Chesapeake Va Beach

One question I have is that too much title stuffing. However it seems to be working. And, does the " | " symbol matter in a You Tube video or is it best to just write it all out the way I have it?

Thanks,

Take your car guy hat off and go shopping for a landscaper. I am drop dead serious. Imagine your back yard right now and pretend you're putting in a pool.

Be sure to come back and tell us who you'd NEVER give a call to and why. Then look at your list of favorable companies you'd call for an estimate and tell us why they made the cut.

Yes! Agreed.