• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

You're Doing it...Right!!

terrencegordon

8 Pounder Veteran
Apr 20, 2009
First Name
Terrence
Every once in a while amid the day-to-day when you’ve got your head down delivering services, improving process and solving problems – you get a cool refresher from a client who has achieved success via you and your company. And they want you to know about it.

Yesterday was hectic. Between two interviews and a software demo, I met with one of my favorite and most enthusiastic clients, Scott “Buzz” Banfield from Big Red Sports & Imports in Norman, OK, a Kia / Suzuki store. Buzz wanted to “blow his service business out of the water” in regards to online marketing. He was excited about our idea to launch a separate “microsite” via a subdomain to attract leads to push to his new Service BDC. We offered him an SEO and SEM strategy to which Buzz replied, “is that all I can spend”??

Buzz and Chris over at Big Red Sports are doing it right. They went from selling 82 cars last May to selling 206 exactly one year later. How? By NOT spending ad dollars on Radio, Print, nor Television. Not one single dime.

While their competitors are throwing huge sums of money at traditional media, Buzz implements a great SEO program, dabbles on AutoTrader and pushes a substantial SEM budget. And by substantial, I mean larger than most of our clients but about 1/3rd of the cost of our average client’s TV budget (yes shockingly, SEM is cheaper AND more effective than TV).

Big Red Sports & Imports is a 100% Internet-driven organization. Not only have they achieved a solid stream of inbound traffic and leads to their dealership exclusively through SEM, SEO and ORM but they have achieved what Radio, Print and TV ad dollars are designed to do – create a BRAND!

Buzz creates just that around his dealership. By driving people to his site, he hits them with his crazy in-house videos designed to “shock & awe” showing his potential customers they are a light-hearted group who has fun giving the customer a great price and unbeatable service.

What I like most about this client is that they understand their market, and they strategize accordingly. They sell Kia and Suzuki, they know their buyers are online, and so that’s where they advertise. The result is a 151% increase in sales. Brilliant.

Visit them online at bigredsports.com

Reactions: 1 person
Buzz and Chris over at Big Red Sports are doing it right. They went from selling 82 cars last May to selling 206 exactly one year later. How? By NOT spending ad dollars on Radio, Print, nor Television. Not one single dime.

While their competitors are throwing huge sums of money at traditional media, Buzz implements a great SEO program, dabbles on AutoTrader and pushes a substantial SEM budget. And by substantial, I mean larger than most of our clients but about 1/3rd of the cost of our average client’s TV budget (yes shockingly, SEM is cheaper AND more effective than TV).

Big Red Sports & Imports is a 100% Internet-driven organization. Not only have they achieved a solid stream of inbound traffic and leads to their dealership exclusively through SEM, SEO and ORM but they have achieved what Radio, Print and TV ad dollars are designed to do – create a BRAND!

I just want to point out that there is a lot more going on here than just spending their advertising budget solely on digital. Most of the stuff is probably not evident unless we've spent some time actually living in their market. However I can say they've definitely put some work into their website - HUGE :thumbup: :thumbup: for that!

But I just wanted us to be careful of our excited terminology....we don't want claim someone is the representative of perfection when we can only define a small percentage of what they do.

Just looking out for you, Terrence, by being your disclaimer ;)

....we don't want claim someone is the representative of perfection when we can only define a small percentage of what they do.

Just looking out for you, Terrence, by being your disclaimer ;)

Thanks Alex. Lord knows I should hire a walking/talking disclaimer. I should have mentioned that the stats within the post and the reasons for those stats came directly from the client. Buzz was clear that their success was based on the above, and that they were a real-life case study. So the post and all facts within have been 100% endorsed by the client, who will sign here____________.:)

What is evident about their situation is the comparison to their competitors who are in the same market, selling the same vehicles, spending a lot of money on traditional media...and not winning.

Last edited: