• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

3rd Party Lead Provider vs. Hook Logic (Auto Logic)

Agrrip, It's good to see another MB dealer here, active in the conversations. I've been trying to do exactly what you're trying to do. Business is stagnent here and I want to find a way to get more leads that won't make make my close ratios worse. I just got finished with a 3 Birds Marketing newletter demo (anyone have any thoughts on that?) and it seems like a good solution to driving qualified buyers back to the website. The biggest problem I have is that Mercedes-Benz is so restrictive that creating a site that makes anyone want to submit any information in nearly impossible. I also considered spending money on our facebook page, thinking that a social media campaign would be the answer. Please share with me any success you have and I'll certainly do the same for you. This site really is more helpful than I would have imagined...

Hooklogic looks pretty nice. Our new ad agency has trippled our web traffic, yet our walkin business is flat and our web leads are actually down. I don't know how to make people submit an e-lead, but this seems like a great way to drive in some of that walk-in traffic. Interested to see what it cost. Any other products like this that might help convert web traffic into a lead (walk-in or e-lead)?

Hooklogic looks pretty nice. Our new ad agency has trippled our web traffic, yet our walkin business is flat and our web leads are actually down. I don't know how to make people submit an e-lead, but this seems like a great way to drive in some of that walk-in traffic. Interested to see what it cost. Any other products like this that might help convert web traffic into a lead (walk-in or e-lead)?

Are your phone calls increasing or is that included in what you consider web leads? Our web traffic has increased as well, but we didn't really see that translate into leads. However, our phone calls doubled in that same period.

Also, have you changed any of your other advertising? Did you cut out a bunch of newspaper/tv/ or radio lately?

As far as other conversion tools, I have heard some good things about drive it now as well. I would go with Hook first-when you see the cost, it shouldn't scare you off at all.

Are your phone calls increasing or is that included in what you consider web leads? Our web traffic has increased as well, but we didn't really see that translate into leads. However, our phone calls doubled in that same period.

Also, have you changed any of your other advertising? Did you cut out a bunch of newspaper/tv/ or radio lately?

As far as other conversion tools, I have heard some good things about drive it now as well. I would go with Hook first-when you see the cost, it shouldn't scare you off at all.

We did cut our newpaper ad and replaced it with tv, which has a call to action sending the user to our web site. On top of that we have fine tuned our SEO efforts, all to try and drive more people to the web site. As part of this push, I was hired and an internet department now exists. Our GSM and NCM are screaming about the lack of floor traffic and blaiming it on the fact that we pulled the newspaper ads. Everyone wants to hang the ad agency, whom we most likely are overpaying, however I don't thing that's the answer. I believe they've done what they came in and said they would do. Feb '11 we have less than 2000 unique visitors to our site. Last month we had almost 6,000. I don't pick up the phone, so I can't speak to our phone traffic. If we are getting more phone calls they're not turning into appointments. As I type this it makes me wonder if we can set up call tracking through the website (maybe already have it), to get a better idea if phone calls are just being mishandled. hmmm....

Agrrip, It's good to see another MB dealer here, active in the conversations. I've been trying to do exactly what you're trying to do. Business is stagnent here and I want to find a way to get more leads that won't make make my close ratios worse. I just got finished with a 3 Birds Marketing newletter demo (anyone have any thoughts on that?) and it seems like a good solution to driving qualified buyers back to the website. The biggest problem I have is that Mercedes-Benz is so restrictive that creating a site that makes anyone want to submit any information in nearly impossible. I also considered spending money on our facebook page, thinking that a social media campaign would be the answer. Please share with me any success you have and I'll certainly do the same for you. This site really is more helpful than I would have imagined...

You are exactly right on our restrictions...however, I have found that pushing hard on SEO and PPC have done wonders for our internet department. We switched our website vendor to AutoFusion and in the short time we have had them, they have greatly improved our internet traffic and floor traffic.

We average between 15,000 - 17,000 unique impressions a month compared to 3,000 - 7,000 before using them.

We also have a great Auto Trader rep that comes out weekly to ensure that we are using their tools properly...that has made a massive impact over our previous year's performance (we were super close to cutting them altogether).

We recently invested in Facebook and social media and that has increased our awareness...though, it's hard to monetize our results.

We did cut our newpaper ad and replaced it with tv, which has a call to action sending the user to our web site. On top of that we have fine tuned our SEO efforts, all to try and drive more people to the web site. As part of this push, I was hired and an internet department now exists. Our GSM and NCM are screaming about the lack of floor traffic and blaiming it on the fact that we pulled the newspaper ads. Everyone wants to hang the ad agency, whom we most likely are overpaying, however I don't thing that's the answer. I believe they've done what they came in and said they would do. Feb '11 we have less than 2000 unique visitors to our site. Last month we had almost 6,000. I don't pick up the phone, so I can't speak to our phone traffic. If we are getting more phone calls they're not turning into appointments. As I type this it makes me wonder if we can set up call tracking through the website (maybe already have it), to get a better idea if phone calls are just being mishandled. hmmm....

You definitely need to get phone tracking if you don't have it. I also highly suggest that you record your calls as well. I think you might be surprised by what you find.

Reactions: 1 person

I recently spoke with Drive It Now and they may be a good source to help with web conversion. I just don't like that they do not offer lease rates (a must have for a highline dealer).

You are exactly right on our restrictions...however, I have found that pushing hard on SEO and PPC have done wonders for our internet department. We switched our website vendor to AutoFusion and in the short time we have had them, they have greatly improved our internet traffic and floor traffic.

We average between 15,000 - 17,000 unique impressions a month compared to 3,000 - 7,000 before using them.

Who are you using for PPC?