• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Would You Be Interested In This?

Nov 4, 2012
First Name
Jessica

Came across this video of one vendor critiquing their competition.

I'm curious:

Would you be interested in viewing this - and would you watch it in its entirety?

What if you were thinking about purchasing Product A, but saw that Product B made a video like this - would it change your opinion on your purchase?

Does it change your opinion of the company doing the critique?

Any other insight?

Came across this video of one vendor critiquing their competition.

I'm curious:

Would you be interested in viewing this - and would you watch it in its entirety?

What if you were thinking about purchasing Product A, but saw that Product B made a video like this - would it change your opinion on your purchase?

Does it change your opinion of the company doing the critique?

Any other insight?

I watched the video and will never get those 3 minutes of my life back.... I am not really sure what the motivation of this video was #fail

DealerSocket has always had some impressive marketing campaigns. I not familiar with their new desking tool, but if I received this and I was or was not a client, it would peak my interest. If I were walking the exhibit halls of a conference and came across their booth, I'd remeber what they sent me and at least check it out.

As as for the video...if it were shot by someone other than a competing company it wouldn't come across so scathy.

Reactions: 1 person
The Rubber Chicken direct mail is one of the greatest marketing ploys ever. DealerSocket delivered it's own version of the rubber chicken.

JonSpoelstra.com
How to Sell the Last Seat in the House
"...No team in the 100 year history of minor league baseball had ever sold every ticket to every game in a season. Enter the single-A Dayton Dragons in 2000. The Dayton Dragons sold out every ticket to its 70 home games in that first season. Now they've done it for 10 straight seasons. In a couple of years, they will surpass the Portland Trailblazers sellout string of 814 games."

Marketing Outrageously: How to Increase Your Revenue by Staggering Amounts!: Jon Spoelstra: 9781885167507: Amazon.com: Books