• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

A different approach to dealer website/chat AI? Ever heard of Seezar?

I'm always keeping my ear to the ground when it comes to new offerings in our space. I've been playing around with website chat options here in the last couple weeks and wanted to see the latest in AI chat for our sites. We currently have ActivEngage (humans) because of an "exclusive" integration with our Accelerate DR tools. We have yet to see any benefit of having an integration within the DR tool. No, I'm not putting ActivEngage on notice, just looking...

We are a DriveCentric group and adding the Drive AI chat would make a lot of sense for us right now because it is really really good BUT they have no way to direct leads to the correct XML addresses from our group or market sites. Not their fault, we run a tangled web of 14 URLs representing our 9 "stores". We have a couple of those tiny points combined within 7 business, DMS and CRM entities. We allow shoppers on any of the group or market sites to see any car at any store of their choosing so want to make sure their selection, regardless of vehicle location, goes to the store they want to do business with. This has been a challenge to make sure chat introductions starts with "select your store" for all our past providers but most have figured it out. Gubagoo and AE were able to make this happen (although it is broken right now from AE).

With that said, I'm also not convinced that human chat, that is a contracted external team, is better than 2024 AI advancements. In poking around last week, I had a Matador rep a call me back after asking where they were on AI chat (I'm not that familiar with their overall offerings). He returned my call stating they were partnering with a new entity that is new to the US, a company called Seezar. Interesting journey through projects for governments of the UAE and Europe tied to automotive. Their approach in their current offering is more than just chat but rather an AI concierge on the site. You can ask for vehicle recommendations, list out your search almost like a prompt, ask for details about a car or comparisons, etc. It returns results pretty well, conversational friendly, running OpenAI, etc. Check out the AI chat icon on BMW Retailer | Glasgow, Hamilton, Hillington & Stirling | Douglas Park and a used listing site Car Dealer | Knebworth, Hertfordshire | Carverse Here is their slide deck. Not sure they would also be able to solve the XML routing challenge we have but it was an interesting direction they were taking. I was connected with a demo (they said I was their first one in the US?) by going through Sam Villeareal at Matador [email protected] (913) 339-8647 if you want to reach out but there are direct contacts on the slide desk as well. Let me know if anyone else has seen this or taken a demo.
Totally agree that AI chat agents will likely replace most of the current human chat agents within the next year or two at most companies, if they haven't already.

Once trained, they will perform better, more consistently, and reply faster. And you can still implement a hybrid approach that injects a human agent once a prospect is qualified.

@Dan Sayer - Regarding your lead delivery issue, we've run into similar situations. We've been able to get around these limitations by sending certain lead sources to a Make.com email address that parses the lead, looks up additional details (car location, etc), and then fires the lead to the correct CRM address.

@Dan Sayer - Regarding your lead delivery issue, we've run into similar situations. We've been able to get around these limitations by sending certain lead sources to a Make.com email address that parses the lead, looks up additional details (car location, etc), and then fires the lead to the correct CRM address.
Whoa, okay, we'll look into that. Thanks @Ryan Everson

Reactions: Ryan Everson
Just what customers want - a chatbot that presents them with a lead form

Then the crm uses ai to respond to the lead which sends them back to the website to select a time in the oh so convenient chat bot.
At this point the customer realizes they are in the 9th circle of hell and they are damned to an eternity of chat bot loops. :devil:
But how 'bout that lead conversion right!

Anybody have a site that the chat bot doesn't come back on every refresh or even doesn't cover the lower 30% of my phone?
I like to type die into the bot or "rm -rf ~/*" :devil:

Why is a chat bot good? The use cases are eluding me at the moment.

as for the website that I did that search on ... It's a member's site from here.

I did it again.
cheap fast car (in the ai search box)

number 2 vehicle
79.2% match rating.
2021 Ford® Explorer XLT 4WD

number 1 vehicle
79.9% match rating
2024 Toyota® Camry XSE V6 Auto

as for the website that I did that search on ... It's a member's site from here.

I did it again.
cheap fast car (in the ai search box)

number 2 vehicle
79.2% match rating.
2021 Ford® Explorer XLT 4WD

number 1 vehicle
79.9% match rating
2024 Toyota® Camry XSE V6 Auto
Unfortunately, we don't have any fast cars.

OMG, time machine, Dealer Refresh blog post, circa 2011!
Is Your Dealership Chat Used or Abused? – DealerRefresh

hahaha, 13 f*ckin' years later and chat is still junk (because dealers are lead whores). Hell, back then, @Ryan Everson didn't have a licence yet :unclejoe: hahahaha... But, the post has value, check out the science!

I classified repetitive questions.
  1. Credit Questions
  2. Trade-in Questions
  3. Search Help Needed
  4. Purchase Intent
  5. Miscellaneous
Chat users have questions the site can't answer, they want answers fast. @Carsten, I used this study as a 'friction discovery tool' in my site design. Our sites haven't changed, the cars are 100x more complex and 100x more expensive. Have the shoppers questions changed? Tables below are from that post.

Here’s a breakout of the last 200+ chats on my site:

TopicCountPercent
Search Helper Needed​
91​
44%​
Purchase Intent​
26​
13%​
Credit​
48​
23%​
Tradein​
19​
9%​
Misc​
24​
12%​
Total

I went deeper, this is where it gets interesting:

Here are the subcategories I found FYI:
TopicSubtopicCountPercent
Creditbad credit2713%
Credit136%
Credit App Status?84%
Searchsearch helper (complex query)4723%
search helper (by $ or payment)3215%
search helper (wants details on car)94%
search helper, car has warranty?31%
PurchasePurch Intent, has car picked out, wants Appt42%
Purch Intent (“where is this car located?”)31%
Purch Intent (“car in stock?”)136%
Purch assist (make an offer)63%
Trade-inTradein199%
MiscAfter store visit, follow up chat (be back)52%
Translation31%
Carfax request21%
Deliver out of State?42%
Offer Military Discount?10%
Young, 1st time buyers52%
transfer car to other store10%
prep for purch questions31%
Total208

1) I'd love to see a breakout of today's shopper.
2) AI Chat designers, use this "Jobs to be Done" framework for training and testing.

Reactions: Carsten
I played with the BMW site's chat you referenced. Wow, the responses were far better than anything I've seen from a human. And I was intentionally vague with it. Like telling it I wanted a fast car and stuff like that.

Two issues:
  1. It is wordy
  2. In many cases, it didn't provide a next step for me - see screenshot (missed appointment opportunity)
But color me impressed.
@Alex Snyder , I'm glad you were impressed. In terms of your two points, I'd love to address them.
1. It is wordy at the moment, I agree. And we're constantly going to optimize to what is most effective in style of response. Also as a dealer, you can also train it with previous interactions to help guide the tool in tone of voice and style.
2. Absolutely a priority for us. Currently, the version you are seeing was built for the specific client and we are expanding functionalities and features. We can cater the tool to your specific needs in terms of how leads are captured and when.

Please let me know if you want to setup a call. would be happy to take you through the tool and answer questions.

Last edited: