• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Another Internet Sales/Marketing Manager Pay Plan Thread...

rlamb

3rd Base Coach
Mar 5, 2013
First Name
Robert
Wanting to approach my boss with a pay plan proposal as my role has gradually grown since coming to this dealership a few years ago.

Currently I am responsible for:
- BDC of 4 people (BDC set appointments and transfers them to sales people once they arrive - in other words, not a cradle to grave set up)
- Budget for lead providers, direct mail campaigns, SEM and SEO, etc...pretty much all marketing for the Sales Dept other than TV budget which is set by owner himself.
- SEO and SEM performance
- Overseeing photos of New and Used vehicles on site - I don't take the photos but I'm in charge of making sure they are done in a timely manner and are good quality photos.

I am currently compensated on BDC performance alone.

I've done quite a bit of digging into all of our site metrics (Visits, Visitors, Inventory Searches, VDP, Time on Site, etc.) to see how they relate to sales the coorelation is strong between Inventory Searches, VDPs and Sales, but I'm having trouble figuring how to assign a dollar figure to these metrics.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how a true Internet Sales/Marketing Manager should be compensated? Or evaluated?

I'd rather not share gross profit numbers in this thread but I do have access to all that info and would be willing to exchange that via PM if that would help.

Most dealers do a salary + $xx for every bdc/internet deal sold. Some pay like regular sales managers on a percentage of total gross. Then of course there are other things like job stress, job hours, insurance, 401k, demo, cell phone and other perks you can get that you have to factor in.