• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Any code to display my inventory on a seperate site?

Jun 20, 2009
First Name
Muller
I have seen a thread similar to this before, but I was not able to get anywhere with the information in it - so I am going to try to see if anything new has emerged to help me.

I want to create satellite websites that display my pre-owned inventory. However, I have no idea how to get my inventory from our feed and get it on our website. I do not want to use frames.

Is there any relatively inexpensive code that will work? Or even a wordpress plugin?

If anyone can help me with this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Clay, The two that we have seen are both on the Word Press platform. One is with PCG digital WordPress Microsites | Automotive Microsites and the other is Dealer Trend Car dealer WordPress website platform for automotive retail : DealerTrend. They have a plugin that you can add to your existing WP site and all vehicle pages are optimized but if your looking to get the inventory on more that one site I'm pretty sure you have to pay per each site. That way you get fresh optimization on each site.

Interested to see what others have to say here.

Clay, the Automotive Advertising Network provides you with tools and websites to display your inventory and to create unlimited blog posts with your live cars. All of this drives for links, traffic, and visibility to your cars. You can get more information on Automotive Advertising - Car Dealer Advertising.

There are many advantages in the AAN model but the biggest one is that you have access to already ranked websites that can include your inventory, blog posts, and links. Then you can power-up as many of your own WP microsites to you with your inventory as well.

Just putting your inventory out on microsites without having the sites ranked well is a shortfall in anyone doing it themselves. Over time your sites can rank but in the meantime, you get a boost with access to dozens of sites that can leverage your cars and brand.

Brian

Clay, these are the only 2 solutions that I'm aware of. Though it really shouldn't be that hard to duplicate if you ware looking for display only - something like what Brian has with his CarPort app.

It never understand why website providers in our industry place little focus on services that would really ad value. I guess the time and resources make little sense to do so.

I give Brian a thumb up for building out his CarPort app.

Clay,
We have used Brian Pasch PCG AAN CarPortAp for about a year. What I like about it is not that it is a high volume lead generator, but the exposure I can create for our used cars.

Example.

I own www.usedcarsdenvercolorado.com and www.denverusedcar.org

Both are Word Press sites with Bluehost for $10.00. Using the AAN car port app, I can create different pages and post. I have the flexibility to create a post only displaying our 2008 Lexus RX350 or focus on the one 2006 Cadillac SRX we have in stock. (see below)

cadillacsearch.jpg

Thanks for all the responses. I have been looking at AAN for a while, but it is an investment that I need to sell to my owner, and I don't know if he will buy it right now. I am looking for the right time. I guess, this will be one of the selling points.

Jesse, thanks for the mention!!!

Clay, at DealerTrend we have recently put together a website dedicated to automotive WordPress tools and services called CarDealerPress.com. The DealerTrend API plugin (WordPress plugin for inventory) is available there as well as other plugins and add-ons. I have also been speaking to several developers, web designers, SEO's etc., and will be adding more products and services very soon. We also have a support and training site for automotive WordPress related websites and micro-sites to help dealers and the companies that build sites. Our goal is to put more power into the hands of the dealers by offering tools that you can put onto sites that you own. It is of course always good to have a mix of services like AAN and properties that you own to get the best SEO placement and chances to be found by your prospects.

Clay I see that Mike Fitzpatrick from Dealertrend has chimed in. This is the company I was telling you about when we spoke at the beginning of this year. I have some dealers that I do consulting for, using their tools. Their cardealerpress program is exactly what you are looking for based on the conversation you and I had. Their new inventory API for wordpress works great. I highly recommend that you check them out.

Reactions: 1 person