• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone know of a product that let's you track a vehicle's life cycle across multiple dealerships?

DealerIntelligence

Full Sticker
Aug 31, 2011
First Name
John
I am an IT consultant for several dealership groups, and they are looking for a product that allows them to track a single vehicle in inventory across the multiple moves that occur, i.e. dealer trades within their organization, to the final sale...

Specifically, it would be nice to type in a VIN to a web field, and get an instant report of where that vehicle landed, which stores it was transferred to, and if it has been sold (and if so, by which dealership?)...

Any ideas?

I know that in our system we track if a vehicle moved from an ADP system to another ADP system in a group of 'trusted accounts' meaning same group. We do this so we can move the car from inventory to inventory display. You should be able to build a silimar tracker that by getting a nightly ADP text file will tell you how the VINs moved.