• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone used PCG's CarPortApp?

Lanecf

Lot Lizard
Nov 25, 2009
First Name
Chris
Hi all- looking into PCG's CarPortApp for our Wordpress microsites.....seems like a great product. Have people seen success in long tail searches in the PMA's? Our wordpress microsites have been working pretty well, but they could definitely use real inventory and not iframes.

thanks-

Chris

We have been using it for just two months and we have already started getting leads from it. You can see it on miamiusedcars.org. They set up the site for us as well. They also do a great job at increasing the ranking of the site to get more traffic to it. I think Marloboro Nissan has been using it for a while and is getting great results. Brian Pasch is a sharp guy and will work hard to make sure whatever he sells you works.

We have been using it for just two months and we have already started getting leads from it. You can see it on miamiusedcars.org....

asndreus,

WOW, what photo work you're team is doing! KUDOS. High effort 4 sure, very impressive (and time consuming).

If I may offer a comment, use caution on working the wide angle too hard. On your opening shot, the camera is too close to the car and it distorts the hood making it look strange (kinda like a dolphin (big head, small tail).
P3941.jpg

Your team already produces an AWESOME shot that should replace the pic above as your open:
P3941_1_.jpg

Fantastic composition, execution and very classy. Wow. :bow: Killer Pics = More Calls = More Gross

I am sure your team is leveraging this work on ebay (you are... right?). Ebay auto buys to a vacation destination is big business.

You've got room for a some branding, add a tasty dealer banner or watermark! (note: PEOPLE ARE GOING TO STEAL YOUR WORK.)

Well done!
Joe
P.S. This is a great example of: YARWIHNTFB
(yet another reason why I have no time for FaceBook)

Last edited:
aandreus- I agree with Joe, those vehicle photos are great. Did PCG setup your microsite miamiusedcars.org as part of the carport setup fee or something like that? I think we're almost ready to push for the app - its one of the best tools out there seems like in terms of flexibility and seo architecture.

Chris

I've been having a rough time with AAN, the tool seems great but over the last couple years I'd bought some premium wordpress templates and the AAN plugin and my Woo Themes don't want to get along very well. The setup was long and drawn out too... I think I hit a busy period and kept getting pushed to the back of the bus.