• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Are there any Dealerships using Mobile downloadable apps for Iphones/Androids ?

The only way I'd want an app is if it came with a boat load of WIFMs.

I might be interested in the app...

• If the app automatically reminded me when I needed service
  • If the app knew I was close to the dealership and knew the instant oil change bays (or free wash bays) were not backed up
  • If the app got me a "member's discount" without asking
  • If the app pinged me if a recall came in and served me up an appointment system
  • If the app tracked my "lifetime value" and helped me qualify for "platinum member's special services"
  • If the app would allow me to silently "opt in" to open the door to purchase/tradein offers (without a pesky call)
  • If the app allowed me to text in a referral's name and the bird-dog and life time value credits would happen automatically
  • If the app would quietly sit in the background and keep it's mouth shut
Joe, ( and anyone else with their finger on the pulse of this topic.)
I can't even think of a list from a dealer that's better than that with one exception.

Our Mobile Loyalty Smart Phone Applications would already be fully integrated with your DMS, and are designed for each operating system. It uses Geo Fences for both your dealership and creative cross marketing. It also allows you to use campaign analytics to show you where your consumers are AT, not where they live or work, making all of your other marketing more powerful.
Throw into the mix the ability to tie into your merchant services and you have an additional revenue stream that allows your consumers to make impulse purchases when you react real time to business conditions.
I am also pushing for all of my dealers to have their Applications tie into the Amber Alert network since we have push notifications in place already, which has proven to be a major flaw in other apps. This is powerful for many reasons.
There are some great companies out there, DealerApp being one of them.

When we partnered up we wanted the features to reflect very important components from our Flagship CRM Direct Mail program.

Joe I would say to your last line item: "If the app would quietly sit in the background and keep it's mouth shut"
We have ourselves in place as a check to the dealer to make sure the " shiny new toy" approach of hourly blasts is squashed, and the consumer has the option of enabling or disabling push notifications. This causes the consumer to lose though, as they'd miss aggressive offers that can be missed. It cuts off their "win" in the "win-win" relationship. My dealers are setting up Geo Fences around community functions they are a part of etc.
This post is a few months Old, but this is certainly relevant.
I was searching for a few things and stumbled on this place, forgive me for quasi-spamming but after reading that list if I said nothing I wouldn't sleep tonight.
I'm glad I found this place!
Josh