• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Are you Marketing to your MyCars leads?

Rick Buffkin

Sausage King of Chicago
Oct 29, 2009
Awards
First Name
Rick
Currently I'm not doing any marketing to MyCars leads from my DDC website. Other than the emails that DDC sends the customer when a price changes or the vehicle gets sold. I'm just wondering if any of you guys are marketing to these select customers. I was thinking about doing an email campaign but I realized these customers are a little bit different than the normal lead. If some of you guys are marketing to your MyCars leads, how often are you contacting them (once a month, twice a month, etc...) and have you had any success or did the customer opt out and unsubscribe from their MyCars account. I'm just curious.

Bravo on the thread. @joepistell is going to be pleased! I cannot wait for Acura to approve "my cars" and allow us to use it. All I picture is a shopping experience that mimics major online retailers with daily reminders and additional product/deal offers.

I really like the MyCars feature. Our new site (Toyota) went live in middle of June and so far we have about 250 customers that have signed up. I know that I've sold vehicles off of it because I've gotten emails back from the customers on the sold vehicle alerts saying they know the car isn't available anymore because they bought it. I haven't done any promoting on the site yet (banners or graphics) about the tool. Right now it just a tool bar that shows at the top of the page. I'm kind-of on the fence about promoting it. If the customer signs up for MyCars, will they still submit a lead on a vehicle or will they wait to submit an actual lead to see if the price drops any. That's my dilemma about promoting it. My other dilemma is marketing to these folks.

Hi y'all. Glad you like MyCars. Brian Pasch picked it as best of show at NADA too! From nearly everyone I talk to, it's working very well, many upgrades are in the pipeline too!

MyCars is designed to help shoppers who are higher up in the funnel become more organized to help them make smarter decisions. It has a fully automatic email system that is beautifully simple. The email system's end game is to send an email that a shopper cares about. Un-relevant email is bad for biz: ("hey, its Bill your car sales guy, I need a sale today, you wanna buy a car?...").

I am 100% aok with marketing to the MyCars audience, but, your email content should dove-tail into the MyCars theme. Think soft-sell. Think pre-qualify for finance, think "this week's best finance rates around town", think tradein assistance, etc... Support the unaddressed issues that surround the sale.

That was just a summary, It's working very well, lots of powerful upgrades are in the pipeline with a lot of interesting details only a CAR GUY would know to design into it (you're gonna LOVE Gamification! ;-)

Reactions: 1 person
All I picture is a shopping experience that mimics major online retailers with daily reminders and additional product/deal offers.

I'm with you here... If i had this product I would just sign up for a bunch of major retailers and leave stuff in my shopping cart. I do a lot of business with Staples and often get these e-mails:

"Need Help With Your Purchase?"
"We've Got the Supplies You've Been Eyein."
"Hey, You Left Some Items In Your Cart."

Those are the direction I would use personally.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm with you here... If i had this product I would just sign up for a bunch of major retailers and leave stuff in my shopping cart. I do a lot of business with Staples and often get these e-mails:

"Need Help With Your Purchase?"
"We've Got the Supplies You've Been Eyein."
"Hey, You Left Some Items In Your Cart."

Those are the direction I would use personally.

I couldn't agree more! I think Amazon has the best GUI and experience for shoppers. As the car biz becomes more transparent shoppers will move closer and closer to buying from who the trust, who makes it easy, and who delivers the experience that they covet. Yes, price is important but not the sold driver of customer action.

Alex just posted some thoughts on another thread that parlay this message. Nothing more valuable than vision-

Jeff Bezos in Fast Company's Sep 2013 edition
(Amazon's Rock Star)