• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Are you paid on Service?

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
I'm curious to see how many DealerRefreshers are compensated on Service or have a component of their pay plan coming from Fixed Ops. In my opinion, anyone overseeing the dealership's online presence should have a vested interest in this area.

Yes, but my role may be a bit different than some of our Refreshers? I've been a GM for several years and now as DMM for the group the pay-plan is on the bottom line. Total dealership gross for all departments less total dealership expenses. In my former store I did pay the sales managers on service. I wanted them concentrating on the "big picture". So internal service department gross was a part of their pay-plan. Our philosophy was "per vehicle retailed" gross was front end profit + internal service profit + processing fee which goes into "other income" on the financial statement.

I'm curious to see how many DealerRefreshers are compensated on Service or have a component of their pay plan coming from Fixed Ops. In my opinion, anyone overseeing the dealership's online presence should have a vested interest in this area.

100% agreed.

I'm surprised how many GMs are not and how much that hurts the overall performance of the dealership because then service becomes a forgotten subject.