• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Are you using Google's new Gmail Sponsored Promotions?

dvMail

CSI Bandit
Jan 9, 2012
First Name
Neal
I know Gmail Sponsored Promotions is at the tail end of beta testing with specific agencies but I wanted to see if anyone on this forum has been able to use it and if so, what best practices have you found.

Last week I started to roll this product out to my automotive clients after a lot of testing in the eCommerce environment.

So to those who have been able to test this on your automotive clients:

Have you found in-market (ie Google "knows" they are car shopping) targeting to be effective for automotive sales? Are you using it for conquest?

In your creative, are you featuring every car from your brand or just one?

Are you using it for re-marketing?

Haven't played with it yet. Also have never clicked an ad in my gmail.
Looking forward to seeing how these numbers play out though.. they have an incredible amount of data at their fingertips, so it will be great to see how they implement it.

I doubt marketers, outside of general curiosity, click any ads..anywhere. We kinda see the matrix code behind it. :)

While I can't revel any stats as its still in beta, I am seeing promise.

I like how you can target inmarket based on a users search history and data pulled from the last 300+ emails they received.

For example: If I am running a campaign for one of my Subaru clients, we can target people who are actively receiving quotes from dealers in their inbox. Because of this new product and some critical thinking of keywords, I can identify a prospect that received an autoresponder email a competing dealer or car listing aggregator(cars.com/autotrader etc) and start showing the prospect offers in their inbox the same moment they are viewing the competitors quotes.

In the states, data scares the hell out of me.
DealerX (and many other companies) calls American Express and says, "Have you seen this cookie on any of your sites? Slide us over a profile of this customer"

Now they know loads of info about you and you gave them no information when you visited their site.