• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Auto Classifieds

HLK

Sep 29, 2014
First Name
Harvey
Hi guys, thanks for adding me to the group. I run an auto lead website using a "white label" meaning I'm using an aggregation partner for all the new/used cars leads. Recently I've been considering adding a classified section for used cars. I get a good amount of used car traffic (300k page views per month) but it's not monetizing well through my used car channel partner. I realize that it won't be easy to get a classifieds rolling and not sure how I can compete with the larger sites offering the tech tools like uploading your entire inventory, feeds, etc. to make it easy on Dealers. My questions are, with all the different sites for you dealers to market on, is there any reason to market anywhere else.. what tools are necessary in order for you to want to place ads. What pricing would be considered fair, etc. I want to do my share of research before spending time and money doing the site and thought who better to ask than the Dealers themselves. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. - Harvey

Your best bet would be to build import feeds from atleast the big players and process it every night
Offer dealers a pay per lead service

The only drawback that I see is if you dont generate enough leads, you burn through resources without enough return