• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Auto Revo

AdamR

Lot Lizard
Feb 15, 2012
First Name
Adam
I take the pictures and handle the other digital marketing for a pre-owned car dealership. I am looking into different website providers. I have found plenty of information on Dealer.com, Dealer Fire, and DealerOn among other website providers. I have not been able to find a ton of info on the websites that Auto Revo provides.

Has anyone used them before? I am aiming for improved SEO (it is very poor right now) and the ability to customize the website myself without having to contact the website provider. Would Auto Revo be a good option with those two things in mind?

Getting a new website won't improve your SEO.. It doesn't work like that. Almost every vendor has a way you can customize the website, add text/photos, etc. But unless you are doing a custom website that you own, and you have the know how, you'll find out that 100% of vendors can't fully customize your site, only parts of it.

Also takes a little digging but here's their websites:

Dealer Website Gallery - AutoRevo | Auto Dealer Websites | Internet Marketing | Inventory Management | Vehicle Pricing Tools

Their inventory SEO is bad.. No /inventory or /new-inventory or /used-inventory/2004-ford-focus-sdfkmsdkfds...

Pre-Owned Inventory - Grenada Nissan Grenada Mississippi 38901

Seems like their on a really outdated inventory platform.. It's just not designed or setup correctly.

But they do have nice homepage designs, I will say that..

Looking more..

Used Car Warranties | Used Cars Redford | Used Cars Detroit | Quattro Motors

They aren't SEO friendly websites, they aren't using /directory/warranty folders, so it's all hitting the main page. Search engines want supporting pages and sections with further inner content.

I personally would go with eBizAutos (if you're not technical), but I'm on a custom Wordpress site now...

Thanks for the replies!

I have already spoken with DealerON and will speak to others next week. I think I have/am researching almost every (atleast the main ones) car dealer website providers and don't want to leave a stone unturned.

AdamR - I'm not sure what kcar is talking about... You definitely need to call us and have a demo of AutoRevo, our product, and our websites.

I don't even know what he means by "it takes some digging" - there are multiple links to our dealer websites page, and it's prominently featured on our home page.

He's definitely incorrect when he says that our inventory SEO is bad - all of our inventory pages are designed specifically with SEO in mind. Our listing pages are all optimized, and our individual details pages are extremely optimized. i don't know what he means by "no /inventory or /new-inventory or /used-inventory/2004-ford-focus-faljkfblahblah" - our inventory URLs are optimized with the keywords related to the vehicle and your location.

But SEO goes way beyond the structure of the URL - I don't want to get into it here, because all providers do basically the same things - if you want a list of everything, call me tomorrow and I can run through all of it with you.

As far as being on a "really outdated inventory platform" - how he can even make that judgement without seeing our backend? We have one of the best systems in the industry, and we make constant updates and improvements, unlike many other vendors. How he can say it's not designed or set up correctly completely escapes me.

I also find it interesting that the links he provided are the most basic, plain websites we display in our gallery - take a look for yourself and see how our designs really set us apart from the other vendors (he does say that we have nice designs, he just didn't link to them) - Independent Dealer Website Gallery - AutoRevo | Auto Dealer Websites | Internet Marketing | Inventory Management | Vehicle Pricing Tools

Our websites are extremely SEO friendly - i don't even know what he means by we're "not using /directory/warranty folders, so it's all hitting the main page" - The only traffic that hits the home page is the traffic for the home page - all of our sites have unlimited custom pages that you can add for yourself. I don't even know how to defend myself here, because it's obvious that all of our sites have internal pages - for kcar to say they don't is completely false.

I'm not trying to start a forum war - but if kcar is going to shout out false statements and complete bs, he needs to be prepared for people to call him out on it -

Adam - please call us tomorrow - we'll walk you through the system, and I can personally show you all about our SEO services -

AutoRevo works! I chose to move to AutoRevo 3 1/2 years ago and have been very satisfied. AutoRevo works well, in my opinion, because the company has remained true to its roots. A regular car guy wanted a website that works and joined forces with professionals who would listen and make it happen. The staff at AutoRevo still listens to us regular car people. I have never considered returning to the captive manufacturer provider that worked harder at marketing its progams to me than it does at marketing my inventory to the public.

I do not depend on my website host to do all of my SEO and SEM.

There are certainly other good website hosting companies, but I have found no reason to give up what I have with AutoRevo. I would have to pay more money for a weaker and less user friendly service in most cases.