• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Autobytel Leads - anyone still using them?

I didn't see it forbidden in the agreement we all checked to tell about our own products. But, take a look at becoming a your own lead generator , just like Autobytel, Dealix. anyone wonder why they get all the new car leads and they don't even sell cars?? As you know I am a rep for Auto Search Solutions. You can visit me and what I'm talking about at expediaautosolutions.com our motto, stop buying leads and start selling cars.

Glad you bumped.

I just rolled out AutoBytel to the rest of my dealers while removing all other 3rd party leads sources.

It’s very obvious AutoBytel has really focused in on their lead acquisitions. The back end tool gives me the ability to change buys, vehicles and circumferences on the fly while also giving me accountability by tying a lead back to a sale using their RedRocket service.

Quality of leads have taken a nice bump - but at the same time, I now have a BDC and better process for follow-up while also incorporating HookLogic to help increase our lead to show!

autobtyel_closing.jpg

autobytel_closing2.jpg

autobytel_closing3.jpg

For the time being - AutoBytel is at the top of my personal 3rd Party Leads choice.

Wow - almost sounds like a sales pitch....haha. It's not - I've not a huge fan of 3rd party leads and usually only deal with 1 service while keeping my buy volume at a modest number. But the results I've been seeing are above the average I ususally see.

They have been on my radar since e-summit3...

We use AutoUSA right now (Delivered 11% in January) and do not really have the room for another 3rd party provided but AutoBytel is up there if/when the time comes.

Glad to hear someone else is liking their product.

Again, I love it that if one month I was to really focus on a few select makes - I can omit from buying other makes and expand my circumference and get this all done on the fly in the admin.

Then at the end of the month - they are dialing into my and pulling my sold data, matching it against the leads sent. I love the accountability.

Also something to consider - out industry is hell for crediting "first in lead sources" - why is it like this? Depending on your lead buy, should the lastend lead source get credit??

Or better yet, track the trends of the different touch points the customer experienced with your online marketing and possible traditional marketing as well. It's all apart of your marketing mix. Many times it take more that 1 point point of marketing to pursue the customer to allow you the opportunity.

Side note - as we know, you never know where in the purchase process a customer is in a 3rd party process (unless you can tie into some lead scoring/analtyic). Long term follow up is the is the key to 3rd party leads.

Also take every opportunity to get your 3rd party leads on to your dealerships website ASAP. Try to incorporate a specific message to these customers. Speak to the customer and include your WIIFM message.

Side note - as we know, you never know where in the purchase process a customer is in a 3rd party process (unless you can tie into some lead scoring/analtyic). Long term follow up is the is the key to 3rd party leads.

Also take every opportunity to get your 3rd party leads on to your dealerships website ASAP. Try to incorporate a specific message to these customers. Speak to the customer and include your WIIFM message.

Really that is the goal... get them to your website which is essentially an extension of your store.

All of my guys for the most part now, when they can't make the appointment over the phone with a lead that is not from our own site are reminding them of our site and it's benefits.

So what I have seen since this practice started is a lot of Craigslist/AutoUSA/GM/ etc leads 1-3 days later submitting a lead through our BlackBook tool or on a specific vehicle.

Now of course you need to make sure you have the entire plan thought out... you cannot waste a shot at a customer like this... they went from a 3rd party site... to your phone line... to your website... back on the phone... if they do not come in and either buy or have a really good reason not to... something went really wrong.