• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Automotive Email Marketing Provider

sweece

Boss
Aug 18, 2010
First Name
Kyle
We've been doing our email marketing in-house with MailChimp for a while and are thinking about moving back to a dedicated provider for these services. Can anybody provide recommendations?

I've reached out to OnStation but in all honesty, I hate Cobalt so I'd rather use somebody else. They also don't seem to be very interested in getting our business as it's been about a week since I've inquired and no follow up yet.

Is Exact Target a managed provider? We want someone to handle the emails for us. Also, did they integrate with your CRM at all?

I'm not sure what you mean by "managed." Our team/agency would handle Creative and a Target List. Lists were exported from CRM and Uploaded to ET with creative. ET sends the email on behalf of the dealership, individual, etc., tracks open rates and click-throughs, handles opt-outs, etc. I'm don't know if they have managed creative services in addition to what I just described.

DME's Red Rocket tool does included creative as well, and takes it's database from the DMS. So you would use Red Rocket to select your list, attach creative, and launch your campaign.

I'm not advertising, but Dealer.com has a solution as well: Email Marketing Software | Website Solutions | Dealer.com | Web Platform that you can bet-your-bippy will eventually be integrated with the new CRM system they announced last week. (I have no experience as a "Dealer" with this product, but I am aware of it. I try to wear my "Dealer Experience" hat while on the forum here).

I'm not sure what you mean by "managed." Our team/agency would handle Creative and a Target List. Lists were exported from CRM and Uploaded to ET with creative. ET sends the email on behalf of the dealership, individual, etc., tracks open rates and click-throughs, handles opt-outs, etc. I'm don't know if they have managed creative services in addition to what I just described.

Well in the past we used OnStation & it was a managed solution. Basically, they worked with out service manager month to month and did all the work as far as gathering the list from our DMS, creating & sending the email, & reporting after the fact.

I'm not too fond of the fact that they just use everyone in our DMS even if they haven't opted-in, but in all honesty we generated a lot more business doing it that way.

I'll take a look at Dealer.com's solution too. Thanks.

Kyle, what decision did you make? Love to get an update on this.

Sorry for the late response here but my dealers are using AutoRevenue with Dominion and overall they have provided a really great service with the DMS integration I believe you are looking for. They also provide an email match service that yields some decent results. The reporting IMO is some of the better offered in our industry.

You have my numbers, if you have any more questions give me a call before my post here sounds like a sales pitch for Dominion. LOL.