• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Autotrader acquires Vinsolutions

Recently, comapnies like DealerTrack, Dominion, Cox/ATC have been acquiring companies in this space but I think the spirit of all three companies is different than others who have done this in the past. Simply put: today, vendors, whether big or small, need to provide win-win solutions for dealers. If you don't do that, dealers can see it... you can't fake it. Companies who acquired businesses in the past just to make more money, ultimately are scorned by dealers and eventually lose or dismantle these acquisitions and the components that made those companies worthwhile acquiring in the first place. I believe these companies will be great for the industry as long as they continue to provide win/win solutions.

A year or two ago I would have been very worried about this news. I hated AutoTrader and they have been my least favorite Internet company for years. They have really changed the last couple of years and I've grown to understand them. They also have left VAuto alone and that relationship hasn't changed since they bought it so I am going under the assumption that they will leave Vin Solutions alone to do what they do and just support them with $$$ to help them continue to grow!