• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Buy Here Pay Here

bandersen

Full Sticker + Prep
May 6, 2010
First Name
Brian
Just wondering if there are any other buy here pay here dealers out there in the Dealer Refresh world? I haven't really found anything specifically relating to buy here pay here on this site.

I am the BDM for a buy here pay here lot in Pennsylvania and was hoping to find some others out there to get some marketing ideas from. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc.??

I agree, BHPH customers SHOULD be looking for the loan first, but many of them aren't. I think that is challenge a lot of dealers (BHPH and others) face. Customers shop for cars and price before considering all of the variables involved in purchasing a vehicle.

Let's put this out there as a topic of discussion: What would you consider an effective way to attract potential BHPH customers while keeping the focus on financing?

One thing I've found pretty successful actually is Craigslist. I think many would agree most customers start out shopping for a vehicle first, not a loan. This forum allows you to advertise a vehicle and still get your point across with the financing via a headline, via description, etc. Thoughts??

Let's put this out there as a topic of discussion: What would you consider an effective way to attract potential BHPH customers while keeping the focus on financing?

In the marketing realm there really isn't a whole lot of difference between a franchised dealer and a non-franchised dealer who specializes in vehicle financing (my P.C. way of saying it :) ). The differences may come in the channels and how price is advertised (advertise payments instead of price).

With Autotrader, Cars.com, eBay, and Craigslist there has never been a better time to be a non-franchised dealer. You're now getting the views because these sites take real estate out of the equation and there is one thing that is always the most important part of any dealership's marketing: inventory. If you have the inventory, you really don't have much to be worried about.

So, what exactly are you looking for from DealerRefresh that only applies to non-franchised dealerships?

Many credit challenge customers are looking for a car first until they've been turned down somewhere else and realize they need to get bought first.

From a marketing standpoint you obviously need to have a different message but the areas for online marketing might not differ too much. I guess that's basically what Alex said now that I reread what he said :)

Two suggestions looking at your website.

Be sure your vehicle details page are more focused around the credit application. I would consider different credit app, one that breaks the information gathering up into a few steps. A form a little more inviting to the customer. Take a look at Dealer Centric or DealerOn - both offer a 1,2,3 step secure credit application.

Something else I have taken notice to over the last few weeks; I have a Mitsu dealer that specializes in 2nd chance and ever since we added chat to their site, they seem to be getting quite a few chats for credit challenged customers. It would be some extra work involved chatting with customers but it might have a nice payoff. Something I'm keeping a close eye on.

Something else I have taken notice to over the last few weeks; I have a Mitsu dealer that specializes in 2nd chance and ever since we added chat to their site, they seem to be getting quite a few chats for credit challenged customers. It would be some extra work involved chatting with customers but it might have a nice payoff. Something I'm keeping a close eye on.

Hey, Brian (bandersen), that chat idea isn't bad, Maybe we should talk! ;-)

Has anyone found a good place to get marketing ideas? I am trying to develop my marking plan for the next year and am tired of using the same old “Guaranteed approval” or “NO Credit No Problem” or whatever it may be. I need some new ideas. A fresh slogan or add text. Anyone know of a good place to brain storm without paying a add agency?

Has anyone found a good place to get marketing ideas? I am trying to develop my marking plan for the next year and am tired of using the same old “Guaranteed approval†or “NO Credit No Problem†or whatever it may be. I need some new ideas. A fresh slogan or add text. Anyone know of a good place to brain storm without paying a add agency?

A great place to get creative ideas for free is right inside your own head! I'll give you a couple of examples that you might be able to play off of. Remember, have fun with it!

5655171013_0974d89269_b.jpg

5655744104_c57d572c2e_b.jpg