• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Walt Kustra

Over the Curb
Aug 13, 2009
First Name
Walt
Anyone using the cargigi product from dealermall. They are offering a free 15-20 day trial and before we got involved I wanted to see if anyone here is currently using it and seeing any type of results. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks Stefan, have you seen any good success in general with cars on craigslist? I guess this question is a better one to ask everyone more generally speaking. Right now were not listing our cars there and are curious to see how other stores are fairing with it and who your using to auto list.

We have been using it for about 4 months and I really like it. Just some numbers to throw at you in a ballpark fashion... I think for an average store it seems like it's good for about 2 or 3 deals per month per 50 used cars in stock.

Decent leads and it gives you a live market monitor where you can see what type of attention each vehicle is drawing. You can see from there if certain cars are getting a lot of click throughs but not many leads and we have been able to determine some merchandising issues that were existing on vehicles with high click throughs and poor lead conversion.

As with anything Craigslist...it seems like most leads come on your under $10k cars.

Great support from the vendor, inexpensive product, and measurable production and results.

If you are going to do Craigslist at all, this is the way to go. Who has time to do the listings themselves and where else are you going to get quality listings done at that quantity and price?

Just my two cents!

CL totally changes from area to area and then from dealer type to dealer type.

In WA we have areas like Bellinham where there is very-very little traffic (therefore no results) and heavy flagging, on the other hand in the Seattle metro area and surroundings CL will do twice the leads/traffic than Autotrader for about half the money.

About dealer type, in general most franchises do fine, but Cadillac has done great and on the other hand one of my VW dealers totally wasted its money.

I just checked Annapolis and on the 6th there are barelly 2 pages (a couple hundred cars) up. In Seattle you will have 4000 to 5000 going up in one hour during peak times. On the other hand, Washington DC has really good traffic.

If you are close/willing to post into- a high traffic area, and Jeff doesn't shut my posting, I will do a 2 week free for you to test it. I don't know that state and we can look at the numbers after 2 weeks (one week to load up ger ready and second week to see traffic).

Last edited:
We haved used it in one market for a while now... and will be expanding and trying more soon... it does the job it should... it drives calls/emails to you.

We have sold under $10k vehicles and even a $40k diesel from it... it find people in the market... the rest is up to your staff to earn their business.

You can sell low end cars through Craigslist. The key is to have a good selection of cheap cars and think of it as your ability to identify who is in the market.

That was the case back in 2005 (again-in my market-not all the markets) but these days customers search for anything and everything.

300 Porsche ads in Seatthe seattle cars & trucks - by dealer classifieds "porsche" - craigslist=
1000 Mercedes seattle cars & trucks - by dealer classifieds "mercedes" - craigslist=
1000+ BMW seattle cars & trucks - by dealer classifieds "bmw" - craigslist=

etc, etc

I might be blinded by my own self interest. I assist a local dealer with their digital marketing and my objective is to help them move volume. He is selling 15 to 20 low end vehicles a month through Craigslist. I am sure that he is selling other units but not enough to justify me.

I just checked Annapolis and on the 6th there are barelly 2 pages (a couple hundred cars) up. In Seattle you will have 4000 to 5000 going up in one hour during peak times. On the other hand, Washington DC has really good traffic.

He is 6 hours from Annapolis, why check that one? He is near Pittsburgh PA. Annapolis is a small town on the outside of Baltimore. The dealers I have on Cargigi post to Baltimore, Washington DC and sometimes Philadelphia.