• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Cars.com/Autotrader SRP/VDPs

jimbell

Desk Monkey
Feb 10, 2010
Awards
First Name
Jim
Seems like it's been a while since anyone has opened this can of worms. I am curious from the auto community where everyone is at when if comes to stats of VDP to SRP on cars and ATC. Also, curious what everyone's thoughts are when it comes to cost per VDP? What is yours and what is a good measurement?

Cars.com and autotrader don't count their VDP's and SRP's the same way (purposefully I'm sure), and their selling model is different. It makes them almost impossible to compare statistically. On top of that, all manufacturers and markets are going to perform differently. I always look for consistency in call to action conversion from within the VDP, as well as consistency in the ratio of SRP's to VDP's. As long as things aren't all of a sudden falling off, I'm generally not going to rock that boat. I work at a highline store and often have rare and expensive used cars for sale, so having a national presence is important to us and makes nationally known vendors a must.

We usually monitor both our conversions and traffic through VAuto's merchandising tool. Indeed, both website DO count their VDP/SRP'S with a deferent algorithm. End of the day i would simply stick to the amount of a)leads generated b)organic brand traffic