• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Carshopmobile.com

Just a couple of answers to some of your questions:
To mcampo2601: we have removed your dealership from our system and we do apologize for any inconvenience. The lead you received was not a sample but from a real customer. Our leads are free at the moment and there are no worries of customers receiving too many calls. They select how many dealers so they control the number of responses. Most all leads are from consumers who are having trouble finding a specific model, equipment , etc. Plus as you know less than half of leads are even responded to. Thanks for your questions and feel free to contact is at anytime.

To: Jerry and Joe:
The Chrome info posted twice in this forum is one of the options Chrome gives you as a required item when using Chrome data. It's their disclosure and as no bearing on our site. Again our apologies for having a lame site but our iPhone app is our sole focus. We are a legitimate business but with limited funds at the moment and in no way are trying to scan dealers in the process. Pretty hard to scAm someone when it's free. You guys are very respected automotive people. I would expect that a new fresh idea of giving customers control of who they contact without busting multiple dealers for 20-25 a pop would be embraced in the automotive world as it has been by hundreds of dealers across the country. We have over 30 years

To paradox: obviously we have some things we could learn from you as you have shown us in your post but we are in no way a scam or ripoff. We would truly appreciate you removing your comments as you have no idea what we do or why. We do not charge dealers nor do we sell off information to any third party providers. We are simply providing leads free of charge while we are fine tuning our iPhone app and making changes that dealers have requested. We do have hopes of becoming a profitable business at some point but are completely and 100% legit.

Mcampo2501 just asked if anyone had heard of us.

Maybe next time before you guys trash an idea or business in your own industry you might just make a call or send an email to find the answers you are looking for before bashing a legitimate company.

Your response start off on the right foot but then took a wrong turn real fast.

These little start ups crop up every 3-6 months and the community here on DR isn't made up of the less educated dealers. Tread lightly.

Thanks Jeff. You are correct about all the start ups that crop up. Your community here is great and made up up very well educated dealers and contributors. I take all constructive criticism as good advice and plan to use it all to improve. Just a little tough being called a rip off when we have zero fees or charges. But Thanks again for all of your advice, I do appreciate!

So a guy is trying to build an iphone app, creates a website with some coding mistakes, hires Chrome data (just like... almost everyone else in the industry) to provide options for the inventory, and sends a free lead to a dealer and this forum publicly says:

Warning http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/carshopmobile-com-2549.html#post22534
Scam http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/carshopmobile-com-2549.html#post22541
Data breach
http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/carshopmobile-com-2549.html#post22535

Then when the guy explains what he is doing and he just asks for some reasonable request: "Hey! reach out next time"
The forum replies:

We are really smart http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/carshopmobile-com-2549.html#post22677
Be careful http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/carshopmobile-com-2549-2.html#post22685

Pistell actually is the only one that wrote something positive about a guy that has done nothing wrong: http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/carshopmobile-com-2549.html#post22675

If this forum is a place for people to share and learn it should be more careful about judging and coming to conclusions before knowing the company/story/etc. James request for the forum to reach out should be the forums norm before it starts making absurd statements.

The forum should be an inviting place, maybe more people will share rather than the always same 10 (including myself). This was a perfect opportunity for the forum to have invited a new member to share about his company and to make him part of the community rather than starting by defending himself for no reason.

Reactions: 1 person
Ugh. Yag...

The very 1st sentence sets the stage:

So my GSM gets an email this afternoon from carshopmobile.com with information on someone looking for a car that is in no way shape or form related to anything in our active or past inventory...

The website Car Shop Mobile does nothing to address OR establish it's reputation, there's no dealer entrance, no way for the dealer to request that its data be added or deleted OR CLEANED UP.

So... we run with what we find.

If I were CEO of Car Shop Mobile, I'd have to PAY AN AGENCY TO GET THIS KIND OF FEEDBACK. If he's smart, he'll hire a player that can help him fill all these holes.

It's raw, and it's real... Welcome to DealerRefresh.

Ugh. Yag...

The very 1st sentence sets the stage:

The website Car Shop Mobile does nothing to address OR establish it's reputation, there's no dealer entrance, no way for the dealer to request that its data be added or deleted OR CLEANED UP.

So... we run with what we find.

If I were CEO of Car Shop Mobile, I'd have to PAY AN AGENCY TO GET THIS KIND OF FEEDBACK. If he's smart, he'll hire a player that can help him fill all these holes.

It's raw, and it's real... Welcome to DealerRefresh.

Joe,

I don't argue the "It's raw, and it's real... Welcome to DealerRefresh" statement, I argue the fact that a friendlier welcoming to people trying to establish their new enterprise will result in better participation in the forums and not just defensive acts by those being attacked.

Joe,

I don't argue the "It's raw, and it's real... Welcome to DealerRefresh" statement, I argue the fact that a friendlier welcoming to people trying to establish their new enterprise will result in better participation in the forums and not just defensive acts by those being attacked.

Yag,

Repeat after me:
This is a dealer community.

The Dealer's mission here is to OPENLY discuss the 10million new opportunities that we dealers are presented daily. Our mission is simple. If a vendor produces a product that sells more cars and we're all about it. FALL SHORT OF THAT GOAL and we're all over that too.

This is why DealerRefresh is so popular.

James of CarShopMobile has just started. He has plenty of time to fix his model before his site is finds substantial traffic. The lessons learned here can give him a new focus and save him months of dev time.

Yag,

Repeat after me:

The Dealer's mission here is to OPENLY discuss the 10million new opportunities that we dealers are presented daily. Our mission is simple. If a vendor produces a product that sells more cars and we're all about it. FALL SHORT OF THAT GOAL and we're all over that too.

This is why DealerRefresh is so popular.

James of CarShopMobile has just started. He has plenty of time to fix his model before his site is finds substantial traffic. The lessons learned here can give him a new focus and save him months of dev time.

I hear you... but all the flak came from Jerry (NOT a dealer), Jeff (NOT a dealer), and Paradox (NOT a dealer).
Regardless I still think that bashing someone you don't know what they do or who they are mainly based on their physical appearance (they use Chrome and they made a coding mistake!) is childish.

Please understand that by no means I complain about the validity to do this, bash whoever you want as often as you want, I just think that participation will go up in a more inviting environment.

Why posting facts, no hearsay:

We used to recognize rumors for what they are, but in the era of insta-everything, rumors get to enjoy enough time in the sunlight to make an imprint on the community psyche.

Kathleen Parker: "Poisoning political dialogue: the twits who tweet in whispers"

Last edited: