• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Changing CRM's

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU Jerry and Jeff!!! Finally something is said about the abuse of blatent plugs on this forum and every other one out there. As a vendor, I can read through it and for the most part keep my mouth shut - However, I cannot disagree with the effectiveness and success of these shameless plugs. Often times, opinions are formed by "perception" of staus quo... I have "lost" a few deals recently where the dealership making the CRM change never even looked at us... we discussed functionality, value, etc. but they were sold by "perception." So yes, is high volume messaging succesful? Appearently, yes. Now that the "chicken" is seen for what it is... Hopefully more people will think for themselves and do their own research. Forgive me if MY perception is wrong, but look at the 2 highest number of posts and they are from the 2 administrators - who is #3?

If you don't like the fact that other people post more than you then post more!

This isn't Finney. It's Mitchell Brenner from Precision Acura that posted those comments. I just used Ralph Paglia's quote from ADM that happened to mention Finney as the reason for my final decision. It was posted on Dealer Refresh and ADM because I had the same CRM questions on each site and wanted to post my decision since the conclusion is as important as the question. I am not, nor will I ever be, a Vendor's shill and like I've mentioned in previous posts, if they don't do as promised you will all know about it. As a 27 year veteran of the auto industry I'd expect a little more respect from my fellow brethren. Read the whole thread and you'll see that it all started with a question and ended with my conclusion until I was hit over the head with all the venom from vendors and from Jeff Kershner for no reason. Let me know if I'm only allowed to post on one site at a time and I'll choose one of the other sites so I don't get my head chewed off. Luckily I kept my Brooklyn upbringing in check during the tirades against my innocent post!:mad:

I apologize Mitchell - just another reason why it is best to use your actual name instead of the dealership's.

I still think you're taking all of this the wrong way. You were not singled out - you were the tail end of a series of events. Nobody is pointing the finger at you.

It just seemed like all the venom came after I posted my decision. Didn't think much of it until I saw all the negative feedback and I guess the Brooklyn came out!

I apologize Mitchell - just another reason why it is best to use your actual name instead of the dealership's.

I still think you're taking all of this the wrong way. You were not singled out - you were the tail end of a series of events. Nobody is pointing the finger at you.

Creative advertising like having your web address, email address, phone #, promo line etc. right under your photo on the site? You better move out of your glass house. Someone might throw stones!

Mr. Brenner,

I am not on here because I enjoy typing. I am obviously here to market my services. I feel the best way to accomplish this task is by providing dealers with free information. I ask for nothing in return. Hopefully a few dealers will see me as somebody who is passionate about this industry and in return they will allow me the opportunity to work with them. I would hope that entitles me to build a signature file that allows potential customers to contact me should they wish to utilize my services. If people find it offensive, I'll remove it. I haven't had any complaints to date.

I would like to think that I've made some positive contributions to this community. There's a big difference between exploiting this community and supporting it, which is what led me to convey my message yesterday. Obviously I was not the only individual who felt that way.

I am also here to gain knowledge and stay current with technology and trends. I never see any value when a person comes on here and just starts making random marketing statements or promotional plugs. That's the beauty of this forum over others; It's more about real every day things happening in today's dealerships. It's not the good old buddy network and who's scratching who's backside. I hope to never see it go in that direction either. When that happens it becomes more difficult to maneuver through the manure.

Re: We made our CRM Choice

:hello:After three months of research we have decided on Vin Solutions as our next CRM. The other three choices I'm convinced are excellent solutions but we just felt, based on many recommendations and talk on these sites, that Vin Solutions was the choice for us. In reality I think two things stood out for me when making the choice. First, after being with Higher Gear on and off for about 9 years I needed a CRM that would be constantly improving and updating their software as Higher Gear hasn't in 9 years. Vin Solutions does that every two weeks. The other reason, and I wish people say this about us, is that Cliff Jackson, the Regional Sales Manager at Vin Solutions, was always available and helped me throughout the process, never once got impatient even with my ever growing phone calls and emails. He answered all my concerns and really listened to my needs. I have also read some great things about Matt Watson so I just knew we were in the right hands. :rofl:

Seems obvious that Mitchell was simply saying "hey guys I've/we've been working on this plan for 3 months and this is the decision we finally made!" 3 months of research is an ordeal and it's worth recognition when a decision is made and you feel good about it. I say view it for what it is and just say congratulations Mitchell and Precision Acura - the hard work paid off and I hope that your decision makes life at your dealership easier and more profitable!

Re: We made our CRM Choice

Seems obvious that Mitchell was simply saying "hey guys I've/we've been working on this plan for 3 months and this is the decision we finally made!" 3 months of research is an ordeal and it's worth recognition when a decision is made and you feel good about it. I say view it for what it is and just say congratulations Mitchell and Precision Acura - the hard work paid off and I hope that your decision makes life at your dealership easier and more profitable!

Thank you!

Correct Alex - Intentions were to only point out how often comments and plugs are made and were in no way directed at Mr. Brenner - It didn't even cross my mind that it might be taken that way. My appologies... Congrats on your decsion, I am sure it was well thought out - best of luck.

Is there a way to change it so my name shows first?

Happy to change it for you. What do you want it to be?

For all: we WANT you to link to your service or company in your signature! Get some SEO-link-juice out of being on here. Just don't get too crazy with the signature. If you do, Jeff or I will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.