• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Cobalt and Chevy Lead Forms

VVAuto1

Hat Trick
May 18, 2012
First Name
Victor
Help!!:hello:

Has anyone been able to find away, or get chevy and/or cobalt to unlock the address as a required field for the customer on the VDP page?

2013 Chevrolet Cruze for sale in North Jackson - 1G1PB5SH6D7114048 - Spitzer Autoworld Lordstown

While I appreciate chevy trying to track the customer, roi, etc

I think everyone is negitevly impacted...

- It turns off the customer from reaching out to begin the conversation
- It provides dealership, cobalt and Chevy with less at bats
- The perception it may give off is "we are difficult to do business with".

Help!!:hello:

Has anyone been able to find away, or get chevy and/or cobalt to unlock the address as a required field for the customer on the VDP page?

2013 Chevrolet Cruze for sale in North Jackson - 1G1PB5SH6D7114048 - Spitzer Autoworld Lordstown

While I appreciate chevy trying to track the customer, roi, etc

I think everyone is negitevly impacted...

- It turns off the customer from reaching out to begin the conversation
- It provides dealership, cobalt and Chevy with less at bats
- The perception it may give off is "we are difficult to do business with".
I called our rep there a couple months ago about this and he said it's "not possible." But it is possible, if you are familiar with coding, etc. You can insert scripts and css using the "3rd party scripts" section of the page editor. I know of a Chevy dealer, one of your competitors actually, that figured out how to do it. Maybe dig through their site's coding and figure it out? I agree this is affecting lead conversion on our Cobalt sites.

Cheers!

2012 Buick Enclave for sale in Youngstown - 5GAKRCED8CJ109916 - Greenwood Chevrolet

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Try this (not tested):

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
$('.cobaltLeadFormField_contactaddresshomestreet input').removeClass('cobaltLeadForm_badb4_validateField');
});
</script>

<style type="text/css">
.cobaltLeadFormField_contactaddresshomestreet span {
display:none;
}
</style>

Basically it's some jQuery to remove the class that they use to signal that a field needs to be validated. Could be more to it than this, but it's a start. Also added some CSS to remove the asterisk that lets the user know it's a required field.

Understand that you're not going to make GM happy by doing this as they will notice that your leads aren't coming through w/ an address attached. Best bet is to just get another site that doesn't restrict your ability to generate leads.

Pure genius! Cobalt/GM requires an address but no phone number?

I noticed that they have the "Make An Offer" button. I'm convinced that nobody, that has ever actually sold cars, would want that on their website. I have never had an offer that wasn't around 50 cents on the dollar. It is one thing if you have the customer in front of you where you have some control. You can't negotiate over emails.

I'm convinced that nobody, that has ever actually sold cars, would want that on their website. I have never had an offer that wasn't around 50 cents on the dollar.

Yea, I'm in that camp as well. I'd take it a step further and clean up a lot of the dud lead forms that seem to be copy/pasted from one site to another and create some more actions closer to the shoppers goals. Seems to be some monopolistic ideas where one vendor looks @ what the other is doing on the "filler" pages and after a while, all of the dealer sites are like that.

Yea, I'm in that camp as well. I'd take it a step further and clean up a lot of the dud lead forms that seem to be copy/pasted from one site to another and create some more actions closer to the shoppers goals. Seems to be some monopolistic ideas where one vendor looks @ what the other is doing on the "filler" pages and after a while, all of the dealer sites are like that.

Chris, I think the "Make An Offer" button is a ploy to increase the website conversion rate. That button has never sold a car, for me. I have had a couple of negative reviews that said that I wouldn't accept a reasonable offer.
They could put "Weekend with Pamela Anderson" button. It won't sell a car either, but would increase the conversion rate.