• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Creative use of Car Pics.

Anyone want to assist me with an experiment?

I currently have some time off while I am interviewing and just enjoying my (forced) break before getting back to work. I would like to do an experiment with some photos of vehicles. I have a lot of experience editing in lightroom (basically photoshop but for bulk processing vs PS individual photo processing) and am trying to put together a preset that 1) increases the appeal of pictures of a vehicle and 2) can be done quickly / efficiently so that it doesn't take 20+ mins per car and therefore isn't worth the time / effort.

Basically looking for someone to volunteer their photos of their vehicles before they get decompressed by whatever IMS, web provider, etc, otherwise I would just grab them off the internet.
I don't mind assisting, as long as you'd be willing to share the preset.

"more than 70% of time spent on the VDP is in the image carousel"

Not sure where this stat came from, but, this is intuitively logical.
I don't know where that stat came from, but I agree it is intuitive. What else would they be doing there, wading through 75 bullet points trying to get excited about sunvisors and power door locks? ;)

Here is some data for you Joe...

This comes from a joint effort by the team at Impel and Polk. 4M shoppers...60k Purchases...200+ dealers

5FF88B42-7870-41ED-AC47-2B8931B799AF.jpeg

JPG vs PNG is a tough conversation. Yes PNG is lossless, but unless you are saving photos at 32 bit (which is going to create huge files - slow load times) you are going to lose colors.
Logos, digital art, etc is where PNG shines. For real life photos especially where a variety of colors matters I think JPG is sticking around for the foreseeable future.