• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CRM question for everyone...opinions needed...

Jason Walter

Hat Trick
Jun 6, 2009
First Name
Jason
Hello Everyone,

Same old question that has been ask a bunch of times but I am looking for the latest information/opinions on choosing a CRM. Since Cobalt is now running the show at BZ we have made the decision to switch companies for everything. I am primarily interested in information on CRM.

I have demoed Dealer Socket and Vin Solutions and am going to set-up one for iMagic. I am looking for opinions from people using these companies and if anyone has any other suggestions. Our DMS is ADP and are not looking for a desking tool just a comprehensive CRM that manages all departments focusing on the internet lead management and showroom control. I have used web CRM in the past and was a complete disaster so not looking to repeat that. While I know no company is perfect am looking for things that only current users can share. That way I know what to ask and to look out for. ie: customer service, reporting, ease of use etc...

Thanks!

Jason- I have had in-depth experience with DealerSocket, iMagic and am a current user of VinSolutions. I was the Internet Director for VanTuyl in Scottsdale, Az when they rolled out DealerSocket. Bear in mind that VanTuyl has equity in DealerSocket. This should pose customer data concerns on your end right off the bat. My choice for the past 6 years had been iMagic but due to the many issues that have plagued iMagic over the past year we opted out. This was a very difficult decision to make and looking back should have made the switch long ago. This was not a knee jerk decision. I spent countless hours researching, viewing demo's and calling contacts in the business before I was comfortable with my choice.
Jason if you want a candid assessment of all 3 solutions and a first hand account of my dealings with iMagic vs VinSolutions feel free to contact me. Some might take an opportunity such as this to detail or bash their former tool. That just isn't my style. What I will do is make myself available to you to answer any questions you may have so that you too can make the decision I was faced with last Fall. I can be reached at 903-757-3720 just ask the receptionist for Jeff Collins.

DealerSocket -they don't have a mobile platform and not working with iPad. The Reports are a pain in the A...! The sales reps are know for over promising!

I would not recommended DealerSocket . Sorry DealerSocket. I cant wait for the contract to be up.

We use DealerSocket in our stores and have been pleased with the service and level of involvement from the staff. We have monthly conference calls with our rep to help us use the system to its full potential. Any support issues I have had have been answered quickly. We are very happy with them

Jason- I have had in-depth experience with DealerSocket, iMagic and am a current user of VinSolutions. I was the Internet Director for VanTuyl in Scottsdale, Az when they rolled out DealerSocket. Bear in mind that VanTuyl has equity in DealerSocket. This should pose customer data concerns on your end right off the bat.

The VanTuyl Group does not have equity in DealerSocket nor is there any kind of data security issue as all of our customers are protected through their agreement with us (confidentiality and privacy)... Any statement to the contrary is categorically false. We appreciate you looking at DealerSocket and hope to serve you well.

Vinsolutions. We started in April 2009. We use the CRM, ILM, Inventory Manager, Appraisal Tool, Market Pricing, Website and more. I interviewed and took presentations from multiple companies. As you know, the presentations dazzle. The key is, what happens next? The installation was excellent. We had in-store help for a week. We use Webex training with Holly Huff as continuing education. We have an account manager, and a dealer development manager and a dealer advocate available literally 24 hours a day to keep us on track. The best part is the technical support department. They are easy to reach, they return calls and emails and they are eager to solve problems. Also, any time a new feature is created and rolled out, you automaticall get the new features and benefits with no additional expense. We have finally achieved one login - one password for all functions related to selling vehicles. When I was making calls to dealers in early 2009 asking the questions you are asking now, they all had the same reply.

Thanks again for all those that gave me feedback. We decided to go with Vin Solutions for our new CRM provider. There are a lot of good products out there but felt like they offered us the best and most comprehensive product for what we are looking to do.

On to a lovely data merge and import into VS....:cry:

Thanks again for all those that gave me feedback. We decided to go with Vin Solutions for our new CRM provider. There are a lot of good products out there but felt like they offered us the best and most comprehensive product for what we are looking to do.

On to a lovely data merge and import into VS....:cry:

Congrats Jason!

If you ever need anything feel free to contact me.