• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer Online Marketing - Pros/Cons and wishes

autosource

Green Pea
Apr 12, 2010
First Name
Michael
I wanted to see if I could get some feedback from dealers on their current online marketing (autotrader, cars.com, etc) the pros and cons and price points.

I also wanted to get an idea of what dealers are looking for when it comes to online marketing and what the wants, needs, and wish lists would be when it came to sites like these. (online inventory management, appointment setting, sms/print/online marketing, leads control, connecting directly into your ADP or other system for real time inventory, appointment reminders via email and sms, etc.

What do you want to see out of your online marketing provider? tools, functionality, etc.

I am just trying to get an idea of what dealers are looking for these days with the economy the way it is and how online marketing can increase revenue without breaking the bank.

Reactions: Janie@AllCall
My new CRM has an ROI report that will tell me what lead providers are worth what I pay for them. I don't have any data to share with you though yet because its too new so sorry :(

Does your CRM have anything similar so that you would be able to see results with your customers rather than a more general approach?

Jerry,

do you have any data you could share with me? I will be launching the new site/service in a couple months and just want to make sure I have touched on all basis before its launch. (tools, functionallity, price points, etc.) I want to make sure that dealers receive a great ROI.

Jerry,

do you have any data you could share with me? I will be launching the new site/service in a couple months and just want to make sure I have touched on all basis before its launch. (tools, functionallity, price points, etc.) I want to make sure that dealers receive a great ROI.

Sounds like you're building a ROI tool. The tools I am talking about have been inside the CRM. E-mail me if you would like to pick my brain. I won't however share any proprietary information I have learned from looking at other products.

Jerry,

do you have any data you could share with me? I will be launching the new site/service in a couple months.

C'mon Autosource, the questions you ask are bland and generic. We have no idea what your talking about. It looks like your about to launch a site (yawn) and are trying to stir up interest (read: SPAM). PLUS DR Community seeks ideas and knowledge, what have you done for us?

If you want interaction, we're all for it, look to the community participation methods by many awesome vendors in here.

Reactions: Janie@AllCall
joe - thanks for the feedback. not trying to utilize DR community to draw up interest. That's what the marketing is for. Was just trying to stick my head and ears out and see what dealers were currently using as far as marketing sites like autotrader and what frustrations they were having and what they would like to see out of them. (if they could have an ala carte type solution) This was my first post.... :)

joe - thanks for the feedback. not trying to utilize DR community to draw up interest. That's what the marketing is for. Was just trying to stick my head and ears out and see what dealers were currently using as far as marketing sites like autotrader and what frustrations they were having and what they would like to see out of them. (if they could have an ala carte type solution) This was my first post.... :)

Ok Autosource, welcome aboard.
The very essence of your question is all over this forum and blog.