• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealerimaging?

Aaron, They take pictures outside and edit them with photoshop or similar program. The pictures do look good. We used them for a short period. They were supposed to take like 35 pictures of each used car and 10 of each new. They only photoshop the first few pictures of each car. They tried to invoice the same amount for new and used regardless of the number of pictures. Their first invoice had charges for cars where we had stock photos on the website. The agreement was struck between the owner of that company and my Used Car Director. My daughter had just been diagnosed with cancer and I was in and out during the time. I don't know what happened, I resigned shortly after that. I know that the dealership went back to the old company.

I never met the owner of Dealer Imaging. I had talked to him on the phone and set up a time for him to visit. I would want a clear understanding before I went forward.

Thanks Aaron. Breast cancer is a tough thing for a 30 year old girl. She had been NED for nearly two years but the most recent blood tests showed cancer markers. There is a new drug that we are hoping that the FDA will approve. If not soon, she will have to go back through chemo therapy. Her doctor is from MD Anderson, best in the world.

I went back to consulting so I could have the flexibility to be back in Dallas frequently.

ddavis,

WOW! Thanks for sharing such a personal bit of information. I'm probably the mouthpiece for a lot of DR posters and lurkers when I say that reading that post about your daughter reminded me that as much as we debate and discuss industry stuff here we're all more than an avatar and an occasional witty post. There is a lot of "real life" going on for the guy behind the Sharp Hooks.

Sincerely, best wishes to you and yours along with prayers for wisdom for the Docs that are treating her and strength for your family during a difficult time.

Best luck to your girl.

As for the photos, we are talking about two things here.

Dealerimaging as a photo/data collection company and also as a company that photoshops backgrounds.

The photo service is 90% their training and hiring process. If they have good people and good process they will do well for you.

The background photoshop that they do is very well done (at least the example that they show). It is not easy to do this and you can;t do it with a $8/hour person like the dealers think you can nor you can do it with a $300 PC from Costco like the dealers have! It takes good people with a good eye and steady hand, knowledge of several programs (image editing, upload, etc), some investment in hardware/software, and lots of patience.

We did this for a while and we found that the cost Vs the difference in results wasn't tangible for the average dealer in my markets. Of course remember what I always say: every market, every make, every inventory, is a world! So if you are the first in your area your cars may perk up tremendously when people see them in Autotrader or Craigslist.

Mr. Davis, I am very sorry to hear that your daughter is still fighting this. My mother went through chemo at MD Anderson, they truly are the best. I would like to apologize for any misunderstandings during our one month tenure with that company, we quickly found out that taking pictures for dealers means that our reputation is largely at stake based on the reliability of the people we find in that particular area. For the last few years we have specialized only in editing dealers photos.

I am glad to hear that you were able to step away from the chaos, and I hope the best for your family. My wife and I are both 30, and I can't imagine the roller coaster of emotions that your daughter has been through.