• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerRefresh October numbers look crazy

Compete is only good for measuring big traffic sites like Amazon and Best Buy. All of the sites Ralph pulls together for that report are too small to be Compete credible. I was just looking at the real DealerRefresh traffic and that Compete report is so far off - it always is.....and not super consistent. One month it is half the actual traffic, another it is 1/4, another it is 3/4. There really isn't a rhyme or reason that I've been able to put together.

But it is more about quality not quantity ;)

Compete is only good for measuring big traffic sites like Amazon and Best Buy. All of the sites Ralph pulls together for that report are too small to be Compete credible. I was just looking at the real DealerRefresh traffic and that Compete report is so far off - it always is.....and not super consistent. One month it is half the actual traffic, another it is 1/4, another it is 3/4. There really isn't a rhyme or reason that I've been able to put together.

Someone in my office stated the exact same thing. Either way the community here I'm sure has a nice % of return visitors, without spamming the living pants off of us.

Compete.com is only able to track the traffic stats of visitors who have the Compete.com toolbar installed. Completely useless analytics program that - believe it or not - many companies use as their only source of analytics. :lmao: