• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealership Phone Systems? From apps to CRM Integrations, what you got?

We are currently on GoTo and it's quite possibly the worst company I've ever done business with. Terrible support, rude employees that are unwilling to fix issues they create with updates. It's a disaster. Moving to TotalCX at the beginning of next year. Better product and less expensive than GoTo.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
We are currently on GoTo and it's quite possibly the worst company I've ever done business with. Terrible support, rude employees that are unwilling to fix issues they create with updates. It's a disaster. Moving to TotalCX at the beginning of next year. Better product and less expensive than GoTo.
Interesting.
I looked at GoTo and the product looked amazing, but their sales and follow-up team was calling various members of our company for months after the demo, which was a real turnoff.

You're the first person that I've met with that opinion. I've only heard bad things about RingCentral support up to this point and mostly positive on GoTo. Was there a particular item or product of GoTo that was the focus of the support issues? I have a bid from Jack at TotalCX but the demos didn't go well with IT on network priority. Hard to know what to do. We are moving from VinSolutions to DriveCentric in the next couple of months and are an Office 365 organization so would see value in Azure integration as far as SSO. We are leaning towards GoTo+CallRevu or GoTo+Purplecloud or RingCentral+Purplecloud or TotalCX+TotalCX.

Reactions: craigh
You're the first person that I've met with that opinion. I've only heard bad things about RingCentral support up to this point and mostly positive on GoTo. Was there a particular item or product of GoTo that was the focus of the support issues? I have a bid from Jack at TotalCX but the demos didn't go well with IT on network priority. Hard to know what to do. We are moving from VinSolutions to DriveCentric in the next couple of months and are an Office 365 organization so would see value in Azure integration as far as SSO. We are leaning towards GoTo+CallRevu or GoTo+Purplecloud or RingCentral+Purplecloud or TotalCX+TotalCX.
Dan - We operate a large centralized sales and service BDC for my group of five stores. We have issues with GoTo reliability. The call routing and dial plans randomly fail, calls get parked in perpetuity and we don't know it. They are aware of this issue and refuse to address it. We have other little issues that are too numerous to list. Your phone system should be helping you streamline things, not cause more headaches. I would strongly encourage you to reach out to Phil Sherman at Telecom Advisors. He knows the entire phone system space extremely well. I've hired him multiple times. He's saved me a lot of money and headaches. Unfortunately, three years ago he was recommending GoTo to his clients because the software design and functionality were industry leading, but their support and customer service are terrible and he's no longer putting them at the top of the list. The company was formerly LogMeIn and was acquired multiple times and things have simply gone downhill in three short years. Total CX has all the things you're looking for, it's retail automotive specific and focused, Jack is a great guy, and I know several people on his system (a handful of former GoTo clients) that are very happy with it. On a side note, CallRevu and Purple Cloud are both excellent, but the unified call tracking and recording system in Total CX is nice to have.

Dan - We operate a large centralized sales and service BDC for my group of five stores. We have issues with GoTo reliability. The call routing and dial plans randomly fail, calls get parked in perpetuity and we don't know it. They are aware of this issue and refuse to address it. We have other little issues that are too numerous to list. Your phone system should be helping you streamline things, not cause more headaches. I would strongly encourage you to reach out to Phil Sherman at Telecom Advisors. He knows the entire phone system space extremely well. I've hired him multiple times. He's saved me a lot of money and headaches. Unfortunately, three years ago he was recommending GoTo to his clients because the software design and functionality were industry leading, but their support and customer service are terrible and he's no longer putting them at the top of the list. The company was formerly LogMeIn and was acquired multiple times and things have simply gone downhill in three short years. Total CX has all the things you're looking for, it's retail automotive specific and focused, Jack is a great guy, and I know several people on his system (a handful of former GoTo clients) that are very happy with it. On a side note, CallRevu and Purple Cloud are both excellent, but the unified call tracking and recording system in Total CX is nice to have.
So your issues are within the GoTo Contact Complete product mainly or within the Connect product? We have 7 main campuses of stores and service centers and an all-remote team of Service BDC agents working for all locations. They're currently on Volie but that product is severely overpriced for a small Service BDC. So it would be nice to have those 7-8 people within our own phone system but still have the functionality of a contact center tool instead of straight Connect. If GoTo's Contact tool is sub-par in reliability, that would be an issue for us. Jack's contact center/BDC tool is a 3rd party add-on, with a similar feel to Five9's. You're going to use TotalCX for your call center or you're using TotalCX for VoIP and tracking and adding their 3rd party tool for the BDC functions?

• Useful
I'm scared to ask after some of the meetings I've sat through in the last few weeks... but how does TotalCX compare for cost?

I was talking to a vendor that only does the reporting side, they don't include any telephony or campaign solutions, and they were going to be $40,000 a year for 12 agents.

I'm scared to ask after some of the meetings I've sat through in the last few weeks... but how does TotalCX compare for cost?

I was talking to a vendor that only does the reporting side, they don't include any telephony or campaign solutions, and they were going to be $40,000 a year for 12 agents.
What level of reporting? Call summary, human review and coaching? If those 12 were on the phone constantly for a year, that's $0.03 a minute.
Per month, TotalCX is the lowest in the comparisons I've shopped by a couple grand on the telephony side (300 licenses, phones, and 700 DIDs) and middle-of-the-road on the contact center license side per user. For "reporting", TotalCX is less than a quarter the cost of Purplecloud and an eighth the cost of CallRevu but these are not apples-to-apples products and reporting levels.

What level of reporting? Call summary, human review and coaching?
AI call review, sentiment analysis, keyword triggers, average call length, etc.
No human component, just a tool - the cost is often because they have to pay for every single minute of recording to pass through their phone lines / servers as well.

I may just focus on a telephony solution that offers transcripts and figure out what to do with the transcripts myself.

That's what we use. I do everything I can to keep away from it.

• Useful