• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerTrack Arkona Operating System

Took a demo of their DMS yesterday. They've come a long way quick! There were definitely some neat little things they do that I would like to see in other DMS softwares. But since we don't use it (we might), I can't comment thoroughly for you.

Does anybody here use DealerTrack Arkona for their operating system? If yes- how is it?

The best part about the DealerTrack DMS is OpenTrack which allows virtually complete access for vendors to integrate with. Way beyond what any other DMS provides and they don't charge hardly anything for it.

Their mission statement is make the DMS an open platform and try to build a suite of web based products. Including their DMS, AAX, SalesMaker desking and all the other tools in one product. They are definitely moving in the right direction. A cloud based DMS system that is open to enhance and extend.

You will find a lot more people in their booth at NADA than Reynolds... BTW. Matt we are getting our QA/Dev login for OpenTrack this week (/me can not wait). I would like to see Opentrack offer outbound messaging or triggers, but we will see.

As far as Dealertracks DMS goes I have not worked with it; Yet.

Their staff are much more friendly than others we deal with.

The best part about the DealerTrack DMS is OpenTrack which allows virtually complete access for vendors to integrate with. Way beyond what any other DMS provides and they don't charge hardly anything for it.

Their mission statement is make the DMS an open platform and try to build a suite of web based products. Including their DMS, AAX, SalesMaker desking and all the other tools in one product. They are definitely moving in the right direction. A cloud based DMS system that is open to enhance and extend.

Matt,

How would you get started with something like this? We are a 3rd party vendor that would like to do something like this. I just don't know where to begin.