• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Does a good CRM exist?

I'm not going to name the vendor but when a store migrated from an antiquated ILM to one of the name brand CRMs they totally screwed up our database. The buying decision was before my time. Fixing it required 100s of hours of tedious work. If I am ever involved with the procurement of another, I will have it in writing that they pay to repair any damage to the data base.

I would check out Dealer.com's new CRM. CarResearch used to really suck but it has been completely redone. I have heard some good things about eLeads, lately.

I'm not going to name the vendor but when a store migrated from an antiquated ILM to one of the name brand CRMs they totally screwed up our database. The buying decision was before my time. Fixing it required 100s of hours of tedious work. If I am ever involved with the procurement of another, I will have it in writing that they pay to repair any damage to the data base.

I would check out Dealer.com's new CRM. CarResearch used to really suck but it has been completely redone. I have heard some good things about eLeads, lately.

Was this the story I heard once where a dealership switched to Dealer.com's CRM and because they were in New England (which uses primarily zip codes that start with a 0), all the zip codes lost their first number? That must've SUCKED.

We watched a demo on CarResearch a week ago and really really really liked it. It seems like the best CRMs out there according to what I've read on DealerRefresh are Dealer.com, CarResearch, eLeads, or iMagic Labs.

If my dealer group wants a new, state-of-the-art, all-encompassing CRM, are these four my best bets? Anything else I should consider?

No, I haven't had the opportunity to see Dealer.com's CRM but I would like to. I understand they have some strange individuals working there.

CarResearch is dramatically improved since I used it. I played with eLeads and that looked nice, also. Don't know about iMagic Labs.

Reactions: 1 person
Was this the story I heard once where a dealership switched to Dealer.com's CRM and because they were in New England (which uses primarily zip codes that start with a 0), all the zip codes lost their first number? That must've SUCKED.

:thinker: I don't recall that happening to that extreme. I do recall launching our original beta and the 0's didn't show in the UI, but were always present in the database. We quickly changed the UI to show the 0's just after the beta launch and certainly didn't launch Version 1 that way.

:thinker: I don't recall that happening to that extreme. I do recall launching our original beta and the 0's didn't show in the UI, but were always present in the database. We quickly changed the UI to show the 0's just after the beta launch and certainly didn't launch Version 1 that way.

Hmmm maybe the iteration I heard was slightly exaggerated.....