• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Does your website provider allow you to place external scripts?

Certainly not possible with DDC sites our clients have. Any-time you want to add a "script" tag it has to go through custom work. Just recently we've put a request in to try Google Tag Manager on one of our client sites. If that works, we'll be able to manage all the tags we like from GTM and eliminate any future 'requests' to have scripts added.

Can't even use "style" tags to define some custom CSS within a page.

Certainly not possible with DDC sites our clients have.

Are those "legacy" sites? I've seen some really old DDC sites and I imagine they're on a different platform/system. Some of the more modern looking ones I've seen seem to be very customizable, almost to the point of hand coding some stuff. I wonder if DDC will move the sites to a new system by request or new contract?

Are those "legacy" sites?
This applies to all DDC sites, I ran into this on the newest platform, it locks out any code with script tags. I wanted to use a video embed code for Vimeo or Wistia for SEO purposes but I was not able to use the embed codes with script tags. I also had a sign-up form for our monthly newsletter through Aweber but I had to do a custom work order to get it put on our site due to the use of script tags. So far for the minor requests I have made they have not resulted in any charges.

Reactions: 1 person