• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Don't Judge a FaceBook by it's Cover

Arnold,

All I am trying to say is it's a LOT of work to make your HOME site convert. Work your home audience to perfection (within reason)... THEN branch out to add more referral traffic. The referral traffic you capture will convert higher because of the refined merchandising tools you have on your home site.

Dood,
It's reach is limited by the connections you make within it PLUS FB is a branding tool.

I don't know why you think Facebook's reach is limited to the connections you make. I found Bill Rapp's facebook page and I'm not "connected" to them. I found your facebook page and I'm not "connected" to you. I wasn't even looking specifically for those things. They were just THERE.

and that's the point.

Google gives high quality ratings to Facebook and Twitter. That's why they show up high in search engine results.

My counter-argument would be that Facebook's (and Twitter's) reach is UNLIMITED, now how you USE either of the two is what makes you annoying vs. engaging.

Last edited:
I don't know why you think Facebook's reach is limited to the connections you make... Google gives his quality ratings to Facebook and Twitter. That's why they show up high in search engine results.

My counter-argument would be that Facebook's (and Twitter's) reach is UNLIMITED, now how you USE either of the two is what makes you annoying vs. engaging.

I'll give you that point Arnold. :oops:FB is an important player in the GPOM game. In that light, for a dealer name SERP, FB is a curiosity stop and is a must have GPOM site. Brian Pasch explains his SEO stratgies for car dealers

As you've pointed out, I don't score well on GPOM. It's on my to-do list. I am upto my armpits in Local SEO, GPOM should be right by mid-summer.

Jerry,

This IS work. How could you not see that?

Oh thats right... in your world ideas are free and just fall out of the sky. That's why you call me for my ideas & opinions... because I'm luckier than you.

Someone remind me to be busy when Jerry calls looking for free advice.

Last edited:
JoePistell;6633]Arnold,

] Joe,
Thanks for the credit on the video.....but it's not mine to take, that project was handled by Justin Brun our eCommerce Director, Mike Hills our GM (and real internet force behind the scenes) and Dave from Shave Media: who has been great to work with and was cool enough to do a recall video at no notice that we ran for a few weeks.

That's the best part of having a great team, things like this Facebook project can be spread out through teaching and encouraging our salespeople to use Social Media to increase their Digital Footprint to build everyone's owner base.......not to mention having the additional in links to the main website which helps SEO.

Our own Dealership Facebook page is lacking in content, good fans and momentum I'll admit......however we are writing deals every week from the social media involvement of our salespeople .

JoePistell;6633]
That's the best part of having a great team, things like this Facebook project can be spread out through teaching and encouraging our salespeople to use Social Media to increase their Digital Footprint to build everyone's owner base.......not to mention having the additional in links to the main website which helps SEO.

Our own Dealership Facebook page is lacking in content, good fans and momentum I'll admit......however we are writing deals every week from the social media involvement of our salespeople .

Now that's how FB should be worked, from the ground up!

I'll now have to add Acton Toyota to my short list of outliers. Kudos: Best dealership on the planet | Velocity | DalePollak.com