• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dont try to do this online!

Don't want to ruffle any feathers here, but I'm guessing this next comment won't offend anybody on this forum anyway.

This is really unfair to Edmunds. The negative comment needs to be directed at the dealerships that are still relying on a canned auto-responder that offers nothing of value to the customer. "Please call me to discuss your request" is the same as burning a $20 bill on video poker, wait, you have way better odds of winning at video poker.

The silver-lining is that a dealership with a solid process offering more than a bland auto-response is surely doing well with Edmunds originated leads. If you are the only one doing it right it doesn't matter how many others are doing it wrong. Every poor response makes a great one look even greater!

Every poor response makes a great one look even greater!

You got that right Ryan. I know of a few dealers that survive only due to being not as "bad" as the competition. It's only a matter of time before one of the "other" dealers wake up. Then all of a sudden they are scrambling to try and figure something out. Too Late!