• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

eBay Motors and the Large Market Franchised Dealer

In no way, shape, or form am I an eBay expert, but Matt said something that got my curiosity going;

While no one is telepathic, numerous dealers have tools like ours and others available that analyze supply & demand as well as pricing. I'm wondering if anyone has been using their analytics to compare local vs national supply & demand as well as pricing in order to help make the "sell locally or list on eBay" decision?

Ed,

to make things even worst, some cars have a "bidding" amount close to the price of the car (but not quite) therefore giving the "perception" that you can buy the car for that amount.

Then you have the "perception" of the cars starting their auction lowering the impulse buy (should I buy or wait to see if I can get this other one for less).

etc, etc, etc

Wondering if anyone here has used the subscription method and what their feedback is, and if you would share it?

We actually tried to utilize eBay Local several times in the past four years, but could never prove the ROI - it did not generate a high volume of leads for us, either by email or phone.

I would be curious with the advent of more robust analytical tools which can enlighten us on the click path a website visitor took to arrive on our site or a lead submitter took to get to the form fill to see if including eBay Local would have any relevance. I am referring to systems and information which produced the recent articles by Brian Pasch (shout out!) "Is AutoTrader your Secret Santa?" and "Did you Bail on Craigslist Too Soon?" - I wonder if he has anything on eBay Local? Brian?