• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

eBizAuto - Customer Service...

Aug 23, 2010
First Name
Shawn
Before I start on my crazy rant, this thread is not intended to be a "eBiz is horrible and you should never use them" thread,

I believe eBizAuto as a whole is a great company, and I would endorse them based on my experience with them in California.. I would also like to say that I have many friends in other states across the country who use eBiz and have had great results for the most part, I just don't know what's going on here in Sin City..

So I've recently convinced my GM to get eBizAuto for the simple fact that I had an outstanding 'data collector' (the guy who comes and takes pictures) at my last gig which was in California..

We've had ebiz for about a month now and I am extremely disappointed, and shocked at the customer service and response time of my new rep here in Las Vegas.. I have been trying to get the guy to come take pictures for the entire month that we've had eBiz and he still hasn't shown, I've managed to get him on the phone one time, told him the day I needed to shoot some new cars (I gave him 10 days notice) and he never showed, never called..

Right away I called his area manager, got a voice mail and he never called me back.. I have since tried to reach him about 10 times regarding this issue and I have not heard back from him. I called corporate and they had no answers for me, and that he was my only contact in the area, I attempted to contact my sales rep, left a voice mail, no response..

Now I have been forced to hire a photographer to come shoot these cars so I could finally list them on eBay. I normally wouldn't be so bent out of shape, but these are high dollar cars I am tasked with selling for the owner of the dealership - he had them transported over specifically to be staged and shot on a certain day, so I'm left looking like a fool for speaking so highly of eBiz and having such horrible results.

Again, I had fantastic results when I was working with them in California (Orange County), I just don't understand how they could have such a dramatic difference from one region to another.

Needless to say I am looking for another company to do all of my photographs and data, I am in Las Vegas, so I'm wondering if anyone has some recommendations for me?

At this point I am thinking about hiring a photographer to stay on site in a full time position, because as we all know the longer the vehicle isn't getting exposure, the longer it takes to move it and the more money it costs the dealership.

The success or failure of all "on the lot" service providers that do this service is usually the local rep. There are some very good ones and some really bad ones.

Have you considered taking your own photos via their software or another vendor?

Matt has it right. It all depends on your local rep.

Bring it in house if you can. There are pros and cons and I have experienced both.

Only 1 week into being with the Younger Auto Group, I brought photos and stickers in house. Stumbled across a guy that had experience. Took great photos. He decided to leave me high and dry after 2 months. I had to work fast to fill the position and even though I had a new person hired in 3 days, it still took over a week for everything to go through. Over a week of no photos and had to retrain is my point. Not a huge impact but one none the less. That's the con with bringing it in house.

Pros: better photos, more photos, new car photos, overall cost (sometimes) just to name a few.

Here is a thread from awhile back... http://http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f14/do-you-take-your-own-photos-89.html

SHAWNUN,,I agree with Jeff..in house is WAAAAYYY better...However..in your case why dont you simply drive over to Ebiz offices?..ask for Parker Dunn (the owner).. and tell him the story..I was in Vegas in early 2000 and we were the 3rd company ever for ebiz (Gaudin Porsche 1st,Fred Baker 2nd,then us)...in the decade since I've been an e-commerce director, trainer ,consultant (the old joke .."if ya cant do ,teach,,if ya cant teach..consult,lol)...yeah yeah ,I know..anyway..every where I've gone, I've implemented almost all facets of their products..things have changed with them ..yep they've downsized..but their key people are still there..invest the time to go over and chat face to face..you'll see a ton of sincerity,straight forward talk, and their follow up to take care of you,things will improve tremendously for you and your company